?

bmsehlke

Founding Member
Feb 15, 2022
Gallery
San Antonio
Got mine ordered also! If you haven’t seen from previous posts, Greg makes some amazing inserts for the Raptor hood emblems as well. Recommend his expertise for sure!
image.jpg

TurboS

Staff member
Founding Member
Feb 24, 2022
Gallery
Michigan
Current Ride
2022 Bronco Raptor
Also the trail site guide inserts, this is in Diamond Dust (silver metallic)

IMG_5313.jpeg

Apache 8

Founding Member
Feb 18, 2022
SoCal
Got mine installed this weekend...subtle but makes a difference.

View attachment 9935
I had that cargo enclosure on my prior Badlands which had a soft top. I really liked the security it offered but removing and replacing the top was a pain in the ass I’m terms of access to bolts. Is it easy to remove and replace the hard top? I am thinking about getting one for the Raptor. Thanks

DallasCajun

Jan 6, 2023
Gallery
Dallas
Current Ride
23 Ford Bronco Raptor
It's a love/hate relationship with the Ford/Tuffy Enclosure.

I love the security of the cargo area with/without the top installed as there's no getting in there without a lot of force (and attention).

What I don't love is the functionality lost: can't use something like a TopLift Pro, no pass-thru capability and some loss of cargo capacity as the side sections of the internal structure take up some of the space. I haven't noticed that it impedes my ability to remove/install the hardtop all that much as I use camstraps but really wish I could use something like a TLP to make that job that much easier. I considered the Diabolical Slipstream but at $1200+ compared to the $400ish that I got this one it wasn't justifiable, but the thought has crossed my mind to consider it. I've also considered the RollNJack device but would require cutting down the Support Posts.

Praptor

Dec 5, 2022
Gallery
Connecticut
Current Ride
2022 Badlands Sas
Current Ride #2
2022 Tesla Plaid
My Ford Performance shipped today! (weekend project!) Anything specific on install? Also @DallasCajun I know we've been on other threads on this topic of security enclosures. Having had both the ford and the slipstream @Apache 8 if you can swing the slipstream get it! The install and the overall functionality I prefer the slipstream. Now whether it's worth the 2x price tag .... that is up to the individual to decide. I found it to be worth the price tag based on the design, simplicty, and when the top goes on here in the fall in the northeast the slipstream can remove and store quickly until next spring. I found the ford to be a PITA to remove and caused damage to both the enclosure and at the time to my Badlands. When I got my raptor no way was I installing the ford enclosure.

Apache 8

Founding Member
Feb 18, 2022
SoCal

I love the security of the cargo area with/without the top installed as there's no getting in there without a lot of force (and attention).

What I don't love is the functionality lost: can't use something like a TopLift Pro, no pass-thru capability and some loss of cargo capacity as the side sections of the internal structure take up some of the space. I haven't noticed that it impedes my ability to remove/install the hardtop all that much as I use camstraps but really wish I could use something like a TLP to make that job that much easier. I considered the Diabolical Slipstream but at $1200+ compared to the $400ish that I got this one it wasn't justifiable, but the thought has crossed my mind to consider it. I've also considered the RollNJack device but would require cutting down the Support Posts.
Could you elaborate on the cam straps and TLP? Thanks

Apache 8

Founding Member
Feb 18, 2022
SoCal

Sorry, another question: Does your enclosure rattle? I had the enclosure and the drop down table. The table eventually stripped a screw which I never could really secure so it made noise but I didn’t know if the enclosure also made noise.

Top Member Reactions