(another) New PNW Braptor

bajahaha

Jul 30, 2023
Gallery
PNW
Current Ride
'23 Bronco Raptor
So there I was, a black one on order and nestled into the sofa, ready to be patient for four years. Then the dealer called and told a tale of woe about how someone ordered my exact build but cancelled when it came in and now they have this truck just sitting there lonely. Oh and it's a different color, they said, but I should come see it anyway.

So I did.

After seeing Code Orange (yes, must be capitalized) in person, that was the end of that. My 2001 Land Cruiser is sitting in the corner crying while I decide what to do with it.

Got some light trail time in on Friday, enough to know she's a keeper. Planned work includes removing those %*()@#$ decals, full PPF, a real license plate, onboard air, Dynamat, and possibly a trip to Hennessey because a 418hp factory IFS rig on 37s isn't stupid enough already and let's face it, I live in the city so if it's gonna be my daily, it might as well get me places really quick! Anyway here's a picture. The DeWalt beachball inflator survived all four tires, and I look forward to meeting y'all out on the trail somewhere soon.

1690768193315.png

p.s. if someone's figured out where to put an ARB Twin other than opposite the spare tire, I'd love to hear how it went.

Bigdaddy007

Feb 21, 2023
Gallery
British Columbia
Current Ride
Bronco raptor
Welcome!!!! Yes our little PNW is growing!! I love it. Thanks for the shoutout @412Brap. Lets also not forget my partner in crime @Fukinstoned stoned with her husband. Cant wait to get together with some of you guys soon.

BTW I am planning a full PPF as well and my ARB Twin Compressor. I look forward to hearing about the AGS behind the tire mount. I want to do that too but am scared of pulling off the panels and damaging things. Also I am no electrician and don't want to screw up wiring. So if you guys happen to do it please let me know.

Thanks

Last edited:
OP
bajahaha

bajahaha

Jul 30, 2023
Gallery
PNW
Current Ride
'23 Bronco Raptor
...ARB Twin Compressor. I look forward to hearing about the AGS behind the tire mount...

Looking at the AGS mount as well as one for the single cylinder from American Adventure Lab. The AAL unit makes clever use of the cargo door hump and I like how it keeps the switch and chuck out of the way. On the other hand they timed it at ~15 minutes to inflate all four tires from 18 to 39 PSI. That could be time spent contemplating one's life, or it could be used to get closer to someplace with great burgers.

ARB shows the twin with roughly double the CFM under load, which seems obvious. So ~50% faster and 2x the price. 🤔

OP
bajahaha

bajahaha

Jul 30, 2023
Gallery
PNW
Current Ride
'23 Bronco Raptor
FWIW After watching the AGS install video and consuming an unhealthy amount of forum posts I am proceeding with the AGS mount and the Expedition Essentials loom. It'll take about 10 days to get everything here, and I'll document the install and post a photo thread on it.

Note that I called EE to confirm compatibility and found out the 17' stock length of their part is a bit short on the Braptor. They'll make an 18' loom for an additional $7 but you have to call them to order it. No mind, they're a local veteran-owned business up in Ferndale so I'm happy to support them.

Roughstock

Jul 1, 2023
Gallery
Arizona
Military
ex Army
Current Ride
2023 Shadow Black Raptor
Current Ride #2
2023 BMW GS 1250 Adventure
Awesome.....Welcome and look forward to seeing how it al goes!
FWIW After watching the AGS install video and consuming an unhealthy amount of forum posts I am proceeding with the AGS mount and the Expedition Essentials loom. It'll take about 10 days to get everything here, and I'll document the install and post a photo thread on it.

Note that I called EE to confirm compatibility and found out the 17' stock length of their part is a bit short on the Braptor. They'll make an 18' loom for an additional $7 but you have to call them to order it. No mind, they're a local veteran-owned business up in Ferndale so I'm happy to support them.

Top Member Reactions