auto high beam headlights

stdevore

Jan 15, 2024
MT
Current Ride
2023 Bronco Raptor
This feature recently quit working on my Raptor. The screen shows it is in auto mode but headlights never switch to bright on dark roads. Any suggestions?

TurboS

Staff member
Founding Member
Feb 24, 2022
Gallery
Michigan
Current Ride
2022 Bronco Raptor
This feature recently quit working on my Raptor. The screen shows it is in auto mode but headlights never switch to bright on dark roads. Any suggestions?
Welcome to BroncoRaptor.com! 🍻 I've experienced the auto high beams temporarily not working but was due to myself toggling the lever manually and I needed to turn them back on as described below. I've also experienced them not working when the upper center windshield is dirty or covered in snow/ice. Below is taken from the owners manual pages 105 and 106.

1707255134020.png

OP
S

stdevore

Jan 15, 2024
MT
Current Ride
2023 Bronco Raptor
Thanks so much! I will try the override beam control. I have already followed the other 5 steps and the Automatic high beam control indicator is illuminated. Appreciate the help!

CRAZYACE63

Founding Member
Jun 16, 2022
Gallery
California
Current Ride
2023 CO Braptor
Current Ride #2
2010 Challenger R/T
Not to belittle you, But when I first tried my High beams it was hard to tell when they actually come on unless you are focusing on the light output. it took me and my father a few ons and offs to see the actual change since they gradually come on, I believe for ease on the lights themselves.

Again, if this has no bearing on what you are seeing then disregard me. I for one could see that I would miss the beam getting brighter. Hopefully you get it sorted out and working again.

OP
S

stdevore

Jan 15, 2024
MT
Current Ride
2023 Bronco Raptor
I had not read the fine print. Our neighborhood is on a mountain & we don't go 32mph, especially at night so I think that was my problem. Took it on the highway & it's working great. Thanks everyone!

Top Member Reactions