🏆 BR of the Month 🏆
Dec 25, 2022
Gallery
Ft Worth
Military
Air Force
Current Ride
Bronco Raptor
This may be obvious, but what is this sound? I heard it the other day while washing my Bronco. Car was off, had been for a while. I’ve never heard this on any other car I’ve owned and it caught my attention.

TurboS

Staff member
Founding Member
Feb 24, 2022
Gallery
Michigan
Current Ride
2022 Bronco Raptor
Odd, haven't heard this one yet. Possibly a Mislock Chirp that is malfunctioning? I notice proximity sensors being triggered but not this Beep/Chirp.

1683381811343.png

OP
TheLawnDart

TheLawnDart

🏆 BR of the Month 🏆
Dec 25, 2022
Gallery
Ft Worth
Military
Air Force
Current Ride
Bronco Raptor
Odd, haven't heard this one yet. Possibly a Mislock Chirp that is malfunctioning? I notice proximity sensors being triggered but not this Beep/Chirp.

View attachment 8080
I have heard proximity sensors going off, which are pretty subtle. The sound in the video doesn’t happen all the time, but I’ve heard it twice now at random times. It goes away when the engine is started. I can’t say for certain I’ve ever heard a mislock chirp but I’m pretty sure that would be when you try to lock the car and a door is partially open right?

TurboS

Staff member
Founding Member
Feb 24, 2022
Gallery
Michigan
Current Ride
2022 Bronco Raptor
I'm just guessing, above Mislock image and below are clipped from our owners manual pg 90. I searched the PDF version of the manual for "chirp".

1683383047012.png

fredrok

Mar 5, 2023
Gallery
Colorado
Current Ride
23 Braptor
Current Ride #2
'12 JKU Rubicon Turbo
Looks like the camera is towards AC lines (or heater-hard to tell) and it sounds more like pressure relieving or shifting within the lines to me.

OP
TheLawnDart

TheLawnDart

🏆 BR of the Month 🏆
Dec 25, 2022
Gallery
Ft Worth
Military
Air Force
Current Ride
Bronco Raptor
Looks like the camera is towards AC lines (or heater-hard to tell) and it sounds more like pressure relieving or shifting within the lines to me.
It could be, but it was super consistent. Went off every 6-9 seconds for the same duration and same sound

OFP

Apr 7, 2023
Gallery
PNW, WA
Military
USMC
Current Ride
23' BRap
Current Ride #2
21' M2c
I heard something very similar to this when I got out and locked it at work this morning. 15 minutes after I locked it I got a FordPass hood open and alarm triggered notification. Went out to check on it and everything seemed normal. 🤷‍♂️

OP
TheLawnDart

TheLawnDart

🏆 BR of the Month 🏆
Dec 25, 2022
Gallery
Ft Worth
Military
Air Force
Current Ride
Bronco Raptor
I heard something very similar to this when I got out and locked it at work this morning. 15 minutes after I locked it I got a FordPass hood open and alarm triggered notification. Went out to check on it and everything seemed normal. 🤷‍♂️
The plot thickens

Top Member Reactions