TurboS

Staff member
Founding Member
Feb 24, 2022
Gallery
Michigan
Current Ride
2022 Bronco Raptor
Has anyone experienced the app for connected services not working? I factory reset and still nothing works in terms of Ford Pass... Please advise
Not yet, here is pages 471-473 of the owners manual on Connected Vehicle

Attachments

• 2022.5-Ford-Bronco-Owners-Manual-version-1_EN_USA_4712022.5-Ford-Bronco-Owners-Manual-version-...pdf
    352.7 KB · Views: 46

bwilly68

Founding Member
Apr 1, 2022
Gallery
Ohio
Current Ride
2023 Bronco Raptor
Current Ride #2
Land Rover Defender
Not yet, here is pages 471-473 of the owners manual on Connected Vehicle
This has happened twice to me so far in the five weeks I’ve had my raptor. There are several forum topics discussing it on the bronco 6G website. So far the only reliable fix I have found is to disconnect the negative battery terminal for 5 to 10 minutes, reconnect and the system should work. Appears that the in vehicle modem Sometimes stops working and won’t connect to Ford servers. Supposedly Ford is aware and there is a software fix on the way.

TurboS

Staff member
Founding Member
Feb 24, 2022
Gallery
Michigan
Current Ride
2022 Bronco Raptor
Ford must have "self healing" software because early this morning the problem fixed itself via.. "Privacy and Sharing settings" have been updated..
Ford may have pushed a software update.

DallasCajun

Jan 6, 2023
Gallery
Dallas
Current Ride
23 Ford Bronco Raptor
My FordPass access/control has been down for a week or so but came back this morning. I was able to lock/unlock and update status from my FordPass App. I never saw an Update pushed down to the Bronco but that doesn't mean it didn't happen.

Fukinstoned

Founding Member
🏆 BR of the Month 🏆
May 8, 2022
Gallery
British Columbia
Forgive me I have yet to activate my modem, how do you do this, I’m so sad we didn’t get a manual to look through and have on hand.. I know it’s on my dash and on line but I’m old school and wish we had the book LOL 😉 any insight would be amazing apparently I’ve had some features I didn’t even know about and they’re about to expire hahahah

DallasCajun

Jan 6, 2023
Gallery
Dallas
Current Ride
23 Ford Bronco Raptor
Forgive me I have yet to activate my modem, how do you do this, I’m so sad we didn’t get a manual to look through and have on hand.. I know it’s on my dash and on line but I’m old school and wish we had the book LOL 😉 any insight would be amazing apparently I’ve had some features I didn’t even know about and they’re about to expire hahahah
Dealer set mine up at delivery…there are some tutorial videos available and instructions via the online/onboard Owners Manual as well.

TurboS

Staff member
Founding Member
Feb 24, 2022
Gallery
Michigan
Current Ride
2022 Bronco Raptor
The SiriusXM expires in 3 months from purchase but that is the only thing I'm aware that expires. You need to connect to WIFI in order for automatic software updates and you can even provide a reoccuring "garaged time" for the updates, the modem in mine was already activated. Some software updates will be done via satellite when driving provided they don't interfere with active vehicle functions.

OP
D

djc007x

Founding Member
Apr 21, 2022
Gallery
Washington, DC
The SiriusXM expires in 3 months from purchase but that is the only thing I'm aware that expires. You need to connect to WIFI in order for automatic software updates and you can even provide a reoccuring "garaged time" for the updates, the modem in mine was already activated. Some software updates will be done via satellite when driving provided they don't interfere with active vehicle functions.
Configurations or settings-"Connected Services" Click on that.. You will find your settings

Fukinstoned

Founding Member
🏆 BR of the Month 🏆
May 8, 2022
Gallery
British Columbia
I have lifetime Sirius.. it says streaming service expires soon, but I also get a message here n there about activating my modem and hotspot… I’m sure we will get it eventually, if I don’t I should get it in the shop for a new windsheild and I’ll see if they can help while it’s there LOL only 4-6 weeks wait as the windsheild is on “back order” 🥹

modestdave

Jan 2, 2023
Laguna Beach, CA
Current Ride
Ford Bronco Raptor
Current Ride #2
Ford Shelby GT350R
Has anyone experienced the app for connected services not working? I factory reset and still nothing works in terms of Ford Pass... Please advise
Very frustrating, I know. Another way to fix is to remove fuse 13 and wait for 20 minutes then reinsert. Some say to do a factory reset of SYNC first before you do this, but I didn't and everything was fine. (Fuse box is under the steering column. You have to pry open the very large plastic cover, which I know is disconcerting the first time around, but it's how you do it, I promise. There are no good photos/videos of this online or in the owner's manual. Only red arrows pointing to the general vicinity, which I found useless. Finally found one precious photo of the cover open and from that, it finally became clear.)

TurboS

Staff member
Founding Member
Feb 24, 2022
Gallery
Michigan
Current Ride
2022 Bronco Raptor
Very frustrating, I know. Another way to fix is to remove fuse 13 and wait for 20 minutes then reinsert. Some say to do a factory reset of SYNC first before you do this, but I didn't and everything was fine. (Fuse box is under the steering column. You have to pry open the very large plastic cover, which I know is disconcerting the first time around, but it's how you do it, I promise. There are no good photos/videos of this online or in the owner's manual. Only red arrows pointing to the general vicinity, which I found useless. Finally found one precious photo of the cover open and from that, it finally became clear.)
Welcome to BroncoRaptor.com! 🍻 Congrats on your Bronco Raptor and thank you for the helpful work around and the hint on opening the under steering column cover. I attempted once just for a look and stopped before I broke something. (y)

Top Member Reactions