Founding Member
Oct 14, 2022
Gallery
Mesa, AZ
Current Ride
Bronco Raptor
Current Ride #2
Gen 3 Raptor
We just got done test fitting our new Bronco Raptor Rear shock skid protection kit. its made from 3/16 steel and bolts on with no welding, cutting, or drilling. Turned out pretty well I think considering it was a bit tricky to figure out a solution that would work with the floating lower mount set up that the Bronco Raptor has for the lower shock mount. Came up with an angled front design and angled bottom to help not get hung up on rocks. Let us know what you think.

Bronco-raptor-rear-shock-skid-20.JPEG
Bronco-raptor-rear-shock-skid-14.JPEG

JohnGalt

Founding Member
🏆 BR of the Month 🏆
May 25, 2022
Gallery
Sacramento/Tahoe
Current Ride
2022 Bronco Raptor
Current Ride #2
2023 Land Rover Defender 110
I was just looking at the shock bottoms while taking a pic of my differential cover.

Those look pretty nice.

Should I just send you my bank account details? I think it would save us all a little time if I just went on a subscription basis….

JohnGalt

Founding Member
🏆 BR of the Month 🏆
May 25, 2022
Gallery
Sacramento/Tahoe
Current Ride
2022 Bronco Raptor
Current Ride #2
2023 Land Rover Defender 110
We just got done test fitting our new Bronco Raptor Rear shock skid protection kit. its made from 3/16 steel and bolts on with no welding, cutting, or drilling. Turned out pretty well I think considering it was a bit tricky to figure out a solution that would work with the floating lower mount set up that the Bronco Raptor has for the lower shock mount. Came up with an angled front design and angled bottom to help not get hung up on rocks. Let us know what you think.
Well I ordered them! I see this is a bit different install than the F150 Raptor. Will there be specific instructions? Looks straightforward at first glance, any watch points?

Tye

🏆 BR of the Month 🏆
Jan 9, 2023
Gallery
Bay Area
Current Ride
Bronco Raptor
Current Ride #2
Porsche GT3
I asked Foutz about install and he shared this:

you have to pull the bolts that hold the main shock mount on the rear axle so it may be hard to do without putting up on a lift or with more than one floor jack to jack up the body and let the axle droop out all the way.

Top Member Reactions