Sep 16, 2021
Gallery
FBG TX
Current Ride
2023 Bronco Raptor
Current Ride #2
2022 Ram TRX
Bronco-Roll-Bar-Scratch.jpg

So the first time I dropped the top on my Bronco Badlands soft top I noticed a pretty large gouge in the roll bar. The Bronco soft-top mechanism has some protective film on some of the metal bars, but it apparently doesn't keep the top from scratching the roll bar when it goes up and down. So I got on to do some research and it looks like it's a known issue with some soft-top owners and I found a product that solves the issue. IAG Performance sells a roll bar paint protection film just for this issue. You can find more information on that here: https://www.iagperformance.com/iag-...ilm-kit-for-2021-ford-bronco-4-door-soft-top/

Shipping was fast and I received the film in just a couple of days after ordering. Install was easy and straightforward. They sent install instructions with the protective film and they also have an install video on their website as well.

I'm sure Ford will resolve this issue on the 2022 models once they get feedback that this is happening, but for now, I can go up and down with the top without having to worry about leaving scratches on the rear roll bars. 😎

Here are some before and after pictures of the install.

Before
bronco-roll-bar.jpg

After
bronco-roll-bar-film.jpg

Top Member Reactions