Gallery
Michigan
Military
No
Current Ride
22 TRX
Current Ride #2
22Trx
So I have an issue. My new 23 azure gray Braptor showed up yesterday. I now have 2 bronco raptors. A 22 and a 23. I had the azure Braptor on order and I bought a 22 cactus raptor I purchased to tide me over till my order showed up. I’m good friends with a dealer and we thought this would work perfect but it hasn’t. I was going to drive the 22 for awhile until my 23 showed up. My 23 showed up earlier than expected and now ford motor credit is saying I can’t sell the 22 for 6 months from date of purchase which will be may 14. So now instead of selling this one and moving the equity from the 22 to the 23 they said I can’t sell the 22 yet or they will not finance my business or personal vehicles anymore. So I have to pay two payments for a month till I can sell the 22 in may. Anyone interested in it? It’s got 2300 miles. That’s my rant. Hopefully everyone is rocking their braptors today!

JMCBraptor

Feb 18, 2023
Gallery
Los Angeles
Current Ride
2021 Ram 3500 Megacab
Current Ride #2
Escalade V ,Raptor R, Jeep Grand Cherokee Summit Reserve
For some reason... not to be rude I dont think most people here are going to feel bad for you. You have 2 trucks and worried about your third? Most of us are still waiting on what we ordered. Doesn't seem like its something to complain about... Pretty cool that you have 2 Hopefully you get them in the dirt!!!

Frisky

Mar 7, 2023
Gallery
Regina
Current Ride
2022 Bronco raptor
Current Ride #2
1946 GMC 4x4 truck
So I have an issue. My new 23 azure gray Braptor showed up yesterday. I now have 2 bronco raptors. A 22 and a 23. I had the azure Braptor on order and I bought a 22 cactus raptor I purchased to tide me over till my order showed up. I’m good friends with a dealer and we thought this would work perfect but it hasn’t. I was going to drive the 22 for awhile until my 23 showed up. My 23 showed up earlier than expected and now ford motor credit is saying I can’t sell the 22 for 6 months from date of purchase which will be may 14. So now instead of selling this one and moving the equity from the 22 to the 23 they said I can’t sell the 22 yet or they will not finance my business or personal vehicles anymore. So I have to pay two payments for a month till I can sell the 22 in may. Anyone interested in it? It’s got 2300 miles. That’s my rant. Hopefully everyone is rocking their braptors today!
I believe you can't sell to the public but the dealer can buy them back.

ChiliPepper

🏆 BR of the Month 🏆
Dec 3, 2022
Gallery
Cottonwood Heights, UT
Current Ride
Ford Bronco Raptor
Current Ride #2
Jeep Cherokee Trailhawk
First Responder
27 yrs SAR, Wilderness EMT, retired
I would have thought the way to structure the deal would have been to use the MY22 as a trade-in on the MY23. Ford Credit is closed out on the MY22. Financing on the balance of the MY23 is your choice. You drive away with a new MY23. Dealer has a MY22 to sell as needed. Win-Win! Seems pretty simple.

Unless . . . you are underwater on the deal because of an ADM. Or the dealer won't take the trade-in (which is hard to imagine). Or because you are trying to make money on the MY22.

OP
B

BrrL357

Oct 4, 2022
Gallery
Michigan
Military
No
Current Ride
22 TRX
Current Ride #2
22Trx
I would have thought the way to structure the deal would have been to use the MY22 as a trade-in on the MY23. Ford Credit is closed out on the MY22. Financing on the balance of the MY23 is your choice. You drive away with a new MY23. Dealer has a MY22 to sell as needed. Win-Win! Seems pretty simple.

Unless . . . you are underwater on the deal because of an ADM. Or the dealer won't take the trade-in (which is hard to imagine). Or because you are trying to make money on the MY22.
Believe me that’s what should have happened. I have lots of equity in the vehicle actually so I’m not upside down at all. Big down payment. This is straight from Ford motor credit. I can’t imagine the dealer would not take the 22 in on a trade either but this is what happened. The dealer will buy it from me after may 1 they said. Some new rule ford put in place. The dealer could just be stupid maybe I don’t know. Seemed fishy to me that’s why I said something on here about it. I asked multiple dealers locally and they said the same thing which is stupid and not what I expected.

Odonnks

Feb 3, 2023
Gallery
PA
Current Ride
2017 Ford F350
Current Ride #2
2023 Bronco Raptor coming soon
As mentioned above, this seems a bit fishy. Review the documentation for the purchase of the MY22 to see if there is a sale clause. If Ford credit won’t do the deal look elsewhere.

Broncosaurus Rex

Aug 17, 2022
Gallery
USA
Current Ride
Subaru
Interested. Let me know what you’re asking and send me some info

ChiliPepper

🏆 BR of the Month 🏆
Dec 3, 2022
Gallery
Cottonwood Heights, UT
Current Ride
Ford Bronco Raptor
Current Ride #2
Jeep Cherokee Trailhawk
First Responder
27 yrs SAR, Wilderness EMT, retired
This might be part of the problem . . .
https://fordauthority.com/2023/03/ford-dealers-could-get-penalized-for-selling-to-flippers/

"The idea here is to sell these special, high-demand vehicles to customers that will actually keep and drive them, it seems, though additional details regarding this policy are currently unclear. If nothing else, it’s seemingly a step in the right direction, though it remains to be seen if it prevents dealers from placing massive markups on vehicles – or buyers from flipping them for a profit."

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions