Cooler Boost = More Power | BRaptor Whipple Intercooler Install/Test - By SVTPerformance

TurboS

Staff member
Founding Member
Feb 24, 2022
Gallery
Michigan
Current Ride
2022 Bronco Raptor
"Anyone else adding boost to their Bronco Raptor yet??? Since we're running more boost than stock, with dyno numbers to back it up, we know the turbos are producing more charge air heat. That's why we partnered with Whipple Superchargers to test fit their prototype BRaptor Intercooler kit."

SVTPerformance article photo's, and dyno results.

DdYHrse

Founding Member
🏆 BR of the Month 🏆
Feb 15, 2022
Gallery
Dallas, TX
My JB4 and BOV showed up today, but my mega cooler won't arrive until Saturday. Hopefully I can get those two parts installed tonight and then the IC this weekend. Now I just need K&N or someone to come out with a nicer drop in filter than the stock one. I don't think I am going to go full cold air intake at this point. Not 100% sure yet though. Got the plumb back BOV as well. I have had the whoosh sound before and don't really feel like messing with it again.

djc007x

Founding Member
Apr 21, 2022
Gallery
Washington, DC
My JB4 and BOV showed up today, but my mega cooler won't arrive until Saturday. Hopefully I can get those two parts installed tonight and then the IC this weekend. Now I just need K&N or someone to come out with a nicer drop in filter than the stock one. I don't think I am going to go full cold air intake at this point. Not 100% sure yet though. Got the plumb back BOV as well. I have had the whoosh sound before and don't really feel like messing with it again.
How about a Roush Performance Air Intake?

OP
TurboS

TurboS

Staff member
Founding Member
Feb 24, 2022
Gallery
Michigan
Current Ride
2022 Bronco Raptor
How about a Roush Performance Air Intake?
I'm unable to find a Bronco Raptor Roush Performance air intake on the Roush site, do you have a link?

OP
TurboS

TurboS

Staff member
Founding Member
Feb 24, 2022
Gallery
Michigan
Current Ride
2022 Bronco Raptor
Until we have a dyno test comparison for intakes/filters with the Whipple intercooler and JB4 added we are not sure if the stock Bronco Raptor intake is a bottle neck. The air flow capacity is considerably greater than the Bronco 2.7 while bringing in cooler outside air. I'm looking forward to @LethalPerformance dyno results.

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions