Military
Air Force
Current Ride
Raptor f150
Current Ride #2
69 camaro
First Responder
MD
I've searched and searched and cant find any sort of explanation of what the true difference is between steering and suspension changes of modes. Exhaust is obvious but I don't notice anything different when changing modes on steering and suspension. Can anyone point to a good resource?

Attachments

• 8B4F983B-D346-44C0-8009-4BD21982F972.jpeg
    8B4F983B-D346-44C0-8009-4BD21982F972.jpeg
    271.3 KB · Views: 17

DdYHrse

Founding Member
🏆 BR of the Month 🏆
Feb 15, 2022
Gallery
Dallas, TX
I don't have a good resource, but I can feel a difference on the steering modes when driving slow. The wheel is stiffest/ harder to turn in sport mode and easiest to turn in comfort mode. With the suspension I can feel it is firmer in sport mode, but between normal and off/ road it is slightly less of a noticeable difference. I know when braking hard in off road mode the rear end comes up further than in the other modes. None of the modes I would say make a huge difference between them, but they do help their respected modes perform better.

OP
T

ttwo1969

Aug 28, 2023
SD
Military
Air Force
Current Ride
Raptor f150
Current Ride #2
69 camaro
First Responder
MD
Do the shocked have electronic input that would change the stiffness etc? hmmm, thanks for the replies. I guess I'll experiment with them and see if I can truly feel appreciable changes

TurboS

Staff member
Founding Member
Feb 24, 2022
Gallery
Michigan
Current Ride
2022 Bronco Raptor
ok I did now find this. https://www.motortrend.com/features/2021-ford-f-150-raptor-fox-live-valve-shocks-work/ for t he truck raptor. so I assume that it is electronically controlled.
Good find and article, Bronco Raptor is also the 3.1 live valve technology, continuously adjusting based on terrain feedback even preparing for landing upon full suspension drop. This technology has been used on high end sports cars such as Porsche's PASM option.

I agree it's difficult to notice a significant difference on the street where your only utilizing a couple inches of suspension travel. I haven't had mine off road yet, but I suspect during off roading, especially high speed, where you are utilizing much more suspension travel the select-able modes will have increased driver feel/feedback.

TurboS

Staff member
Founding Member
Feb 24, 2022
Gallery
Michigan
Current Ride
2022 Bronco Raptor
Here is another thread with video's on the Fox Live Valve technology.

Top Member Reactions