Ford Pass

xander

Founding Member
Apr 1, 2022
Anyone have a 2023 that has lost all connectivity with Ford Pass? took delivery of my 2023 raptor on the 12/26, my last update was on 1/5/23. Called Ford Pass, and was told this is a known issue and they are either going to send an over the air update or I will have to take vehicle to dealer for resolution.

Tried a bunch of stuff: removing vehicle from app, adding back; pulled fuse for sync module and put it back; did the door and lock routine; and, nothing seems to work....when i try to activate the vehicle, i get an error message regarding unable to complete your request to change authorization and on my screen when I go to connectivity, it either times out or states is not available.

SteelBronco

Founding Member
Oct 24, 2021
Gallery
Western Maryland
Current Ride
Bronco
Well I just became aware of this issue.

Ford Pass not updating due to connectivity issues.

I called today and Ford Pass told me this connectivity problem was affecting 2023 Bronco's and F150's.

They should be pushing out an update to correct this by the end of this month.

20230221_152532.jpg

bwilly68

Founding Member
Apr 1, 2022
Gallery
Ohio
Current Ride
2023 Bronco Raptor
Current Ride #2
Land Rover Defender
I picked mine up 12/21. This has happened three time so far. Lots of discussion on b6g about the issue. Ford told me the same thing about a coming update but I haven’t seen it yet. The last time it happened was 2/5 - lost connectivity, no FordPass communication at all with the truck. The only fix so far is to disconnect your negative battery terminal for a minute or two and reconnect. Everything pops right back up and you should have service again. You can also pull the fuse under the dash to do the same thing but I didn’t want to pop that panel out every two weeks and risk breaking a connector. It appears to force the modem to reset in the truck and has lasted for a couple of weeks each time.

tburrow1062

Mar 16, 2023
Austin
Current Ride
2023 Bronco Raptor
I picked mine up 12/21. This has happened three time so far. Lots of discussion on b6g about the issue. Ford told me the same thing about a coming update but I haven’t seen it yet. The last time it happened was 2/5 - lost connectivity, no FordPass communication at all with the truck. The only fix so far is to disconnect your negative battery terminal for a minute or two and reconnect. Everything pops right back up and you should have service again. You can also pull the fuse under the dash to do the same thing but I didn’t want to pop that panel out every two weeks and risk breaking a connector. It appears to force the modem to reset in the truck and has lasted for a couple of weeks each time.
Yep. I’ve had the same issue and disconnecting the battery is the easiest way to get it to reset.

Anyone have a timeline to the update being pushed out?

SteelBronco

Founding Member
Oct 24, 2021
Gallery
Western Maryland
Current Ride
Bronco
When I spoke to Ford Pass in February there was supposed to be a fixed being pushed out by the beginning of March. However, it doesn't appear this may be a high priority problem for them as it has been a known problem for some time!

Top Member Reactions