🏆 BR of the Month 🏆
Aug 17, 2023
Gallery
Huntington Beach CA
Current Ride
'23 Raptor
Current Ride #2
'22 4XE Rubicon
I have had mine for about five months now, I think. I thought I would share my strategy in hopes it helps you guys.

I live in Southern California. I saw plenty of Braptors at the dealers or online at autotrader.com. Knowing that there are very few additional options in the BRaptor, I only needed to know what color I wanted. All the dealerships I visited would not let me test drive one - the stupidest thing I have ever encountered. Because of this, I saw no value that a dealership would bring me.

I settled on two colors - orange or cactus grey. I searched online and called every dealer within 200 miles that had the colors in stock. Every one of the dealers stated that they were selling way too fast to make a deal over the phone or by email - it would be better if I came to the dealership, and it would be seen as a good-faith gesture. Ignoring all that, I stated what I was willing to pay (my stated price was $2K less than I would agree to). Where I live, everything is marked over MSRP and in Texas (I have a contact there too). Two dealers were interested, but only one eventually settled on the price.

Financing was handled over the phone, as was the extended warranty BS. Two days later, the gentleman drove it about 150 miles to me, I signed the paperwork, and he Ubered back home.

I don't know if it was a complete win, but I felt substantially less stress doing it this way.

Honestly, I bought a Tesla two years ago - it was the easiest experience ever. I hope other dealers follow their lead.

Top Member Reactions