Staff member
Founding Member
Feb 24, 2022
Gallery
Michigan
Current Ride
2022 Bronco Raptor
By our very First BROTM winner, and our First BROTM repeat winner: @DesertChief

"In recent years, Starlink has made waves with adventurers of all kinds by providing a simple and easy to use satellite internet system wherever there’s a clear view of the sky. Making a phone call for help, streaming music, downloading maps, Netflix, working from the wilderness, or even live-streaming your off-road race has never been easier with Starlink. But their bulky antennas, routers, and power supplies made for stationary, in-home use makes it a challenge for digital nomads to mount a Starlink Antenna to the roof of their car, truck, or RV."
"Luckily, one company out of San Diego, California has the solution for anyone asking how to mount a starlink on their roof. Star Mount Systems has been innovating alongside Starlink to manufacture mounting solutions for both the Gen 2 and Gen 3 Starlink dish, making it easier than ever before to have a permanent or semi-permanent mount on any flat surface of any vehicle."
"They even took it a step further by creating all-in-one 12v power supply conversions that allow you to power your Starlink system and it’s WiFi router using your cars existing electrical system. No longer will you need to plug your antenna into a 110v AC outlet. Their Starlink 12v conversion requires just one wire to run, and is conveniently packaged inside the dish itself. Follow along with Matt as he takes a tour of Star Mount Systems with founder, Brandon Walsh, and see how a satellite internet setup on your off-road or overlanding rig can elevate your next adventure."

https://star-mountsystems.com/

and of course we all know the #1 reason to have Starlink mounted on your Bronco Raptor is to ensure you always have a reliable high speed internet connection to BroncoRaptor.com! :giggle:

Johnny Rebel

Jul 11, 2023
Gallery
LA
Current Ride
Bronco Big Bend
Current Ride #2
Bronco Raptor
Great video @DesertChief ! I've got a couple of their cases for both a Gen 2 Dish and the High Performance Dish and they are awesome!

Working on converting them to DC power right now, but am finding that the HP Dish is more of a challenge than the Gen 2 due to the increased power requirements. If I could do it over, I'd go with the Star Mount all-in-one DC setup for the Gen 3 dish. That's the slickest solution I've seen yet.

Top Member Reactions