Arizona
Military
ex Army
Current Ride
2023 Shadow Black Raptor
Current Ride #2
2023 BMW GS 1250 Adventure
IMG_2795.jpeg

The last while it has been all about off roading in the Raptor. I love it. Took the bike out for the first time in the season off roading yesterday. It took me about 20 minutes to a half hour to get my chops back. The whole time going out I was saying......take it easy....take it easy....Well, that lasted about 30 minutes. I absolutely love off roading been doing it my whole life. Standing up is the only way to off road. Need good boots with a solid shank. I hit 100 mph on the dirt yesterday (I know the trail well) That's pretty fast. 90 mph is very quick and 60- 70 pleasantly fast. I found myself day dreaming and that is not good. One wrong move and down you go. Not like a truck. Broncos are way more forgiving. I also have a new front tire I have never used and didn't want to wash out the front end. I can't even count the times I've come off a dirt bike. Street bikes I could probably count. I really do not want to come off now. We don't heal like we used to.

Yesterday was perfect (took this picture after my ride - it clouded over). I could have kept riding forever. I could have left and hit the road on a long trip. It made me realize how much I love the dirt. I absolutely love it. It brought back a true love to my heart. I really felt it. Bronco's have changed the direction somewhat. A lot less stress on the body plus a big bonus air bags and such.... So pleased I have found another extension of my first love. DIRT.....sometimes it takes a whole tank full of fuel before you can think straight. We have a gem of a hobby. We are very fortunate people. Broncos forever!!! Especially the awesome Raptor! It is a beast of a machine which will extend my off roading passion for a long time to come!

Last edited:

Dragoon

Administrator
Staff member
Founding Member
Sep 16, 2021
Gallery
FBG TX
Current Ride
2023 Bronco Raptor
Current Ride #2
2022 Ram TRX
I totally agree! There's just something about wide-open places and a long dirt road that can heal your soul! I love driving my BR like a rally car every chance I get! :cool:

Top Member Reactions