Molle Panel Install - Tailgate

Toffs

Founding Member
Mar 31, 2022
Gallery
Atlanta
I installed the Putco molle panel on the tailgate with relative ease. One instillation tip -- be extremely careful inserting the expanding well nuts; if you push too hard or quickly, you will push it through the opening and it will drop into the tailgate cavity never to be recovered (and sending you on a scavenger hunt at your local Lowes and Home Depots to find a replacement well nut). So far, I am extremely pleased with the end results and utility. I have only attached a shovel, flashlight and first aid kit at this point. I will likely reorganize what I store on the panel. Pic below.
jpeg.jpg

BRVOL

Founding Member
Mar 8, 2022
Gallery
East TN
Military
US ARMY
Current Ride
2021 Subaru Outback Onyx XT
Current Ride #2
2002 BMW 1150RT
If you could give some more detailed and close up pics I would greatly appreciate it. Where did you purchase and what price was it? This one looks very nice, Thanks!

OP
T

Toffs

Founding Member
Mar 31, 2022
Gallery
Atlanta
If you could give some more detailed and close up pics I would greatly appreciate it. Where did you purchase and what price was it? This one looks very nice, Thanks!
The Putco molle panel was $275 from Putco (it comes with the powder coated panel and another solid powder coated panel that goes behind it covering the area where the plastic trim piece was located). The panel was packaged nicely and is high quality with respect to function, fit and finish. Installation was a breeze except for losing one well nut which I had to find a replacement. You can pretty much use anything to secure items to the panel, but Putco does sell molle mounting plates ($30.99 for four plates) that secure items extremely well. I will take some additional photos for you and post shortly (I messed up posting last time because i had difficulty converting the photos from HEIC to JPG -- I wish Apple stayed with JPG!).

TurboS

Staff member
Founding Member
Feb 24, 2022
Gallery
Michigan
Current Ride
2022 Bronco Raptor
The Putco molle panel was $275 from Putco (it comes with the powder coated panel and another solid powder coated panel that goes behind it covering the area where the plastic trim piece was located). The panel was packaged nicely and is high quality with respect to function, fit and finish. Installation was a breeze except for losing one well nut which I had to find a replacement. You can pretty much use anything to secure items to the panel, but Putco does sell molle mounting plates ($30.99 for four plates) that secure items extremely well. I will take some additional photos for you and post shortly (I messed up posting last time because i had difficulty converting the photos from HEIC to JPG -- I wish Apple stayed with JPG!).
Off-topic help on posting HEIC photo's.
You can start your post in Windows and if you need to attach photo's from your iphone, simply don't post the reply in windows yet, go to your iphone and using Safari login to BroncoRaptor.com, find the thread, scroll to the bottom and you should see your draft reply, if not simply reply to the thread and the web site will recognize you have already started a post in windows and will ask if you want to continue with your draft post. On your iphone you can then select from the post menu bar "insert image", touch the resulting drag image box and another window will appear that allows you to select photo from your iphone photo library, select the photo and it will upload the iphone HEIC photo and the server will auto convert to JPG for you. You may then post your reply from your iphone or return to Windows and reselect the thread and scroll to the bottom to your draft reply that now has your iphone photo's inserted and then continue typing or post your reply.
Basically your logging into your BroncoRaptor.com account from both devices simultaneously and you can utilize both devices on the same reply.

Top Member Reactions