Arizona
Military
ex Army
Current Ride
2023 Shadow Black Raptor
Current Ride #2
2023 BMW GS 1250 Adventure
Hi gang,

Went to the Off Rodeo a couple of weeks ago. Enjoyed it. In the morning my big take away was 25 degree side angle is about max and you can go and you can still slide in loose gravel or sand at 22 degrees or less. One guy was saying at 25 degrees you feel you are on the edge and ready to slide at anytime.The only way to know what angle you are on is to use your instrument panel (pitch and roll). They didn't have any other means to determine where you are. It would be interesting if someone knows any other way........oh I guess when you are sliding. The morning was rock crawling and such. I also picked up their take on not using the rear locker unless you really need it. Some on here have mentioned to lock it in at the get go. They seemed to think it is good to have the rear wheels independently doing their thing if you can. No harm either way. Another note from the morning with the 44 degrees entry angle. That is if you draw a line half way from the centre of the front tire out you can basically bounce over anything below that. Everything higher proceed with caution.

The afternoon as many of you know is hitting the trails hard. I like that. My truck was at about 24 psi and they say they basically set them form about 25- 30 psi and the temperature fluctuates a lot so the pressure is changing. A bit different from what others have mentioned where their trucks were set. PSI up or down is about traction and comfort. I have had people try to tell me it is about flat tires at higher psi's. This is not true from everything I know. Also, the tread as you well know is the tough part of the tire. If you have to go over the sharp rock do so on the tread if you have to. Side walls are where you get the flats. It is nice to hear others say this as this is my understanding. You hear a lot of stuff regarding tires and pressures. The other take away from the afternoon other than you can drive the hell out of these trucks is that the truck is always aggressively downshifting to 1 so use the paddles and pop it into 2nd or 3rd as you go.

Great time and fun to bounce these vehicles around. Here's some pics.
1122.jpg
1133.jpg
1166.jpg
1144.jpg
1155.jpg

Top Member Reactions