Oil leaks

Bwcafisher

Feb 19, 2023
Indiana
Current Ride
Bronco Raptor ‘22
Took my bronco raptor in for early oil change and inspection. Had leak from passenger side valve cover. During repair the tech found two more oil leaks. Oil pan gasket and main seal. Any ideas? I guess ford is sending an engineer tech to inspect. Three leaks at once!?

TurboS

Staff member
Founding Member
Feb 24, 2022
Gallery
Michigan
Current Ride
2022 Bronco Raptor
Took my bronco raptor in for early oil change and inspection. Had leak from passenger side valve cover. During repair the tech found two more oil leaks. Oil pan gasket and main seal. Any ideas? I guess ford is sending an engineer tech to inspect. Three leaks at once!?
Welcome to the forum! 🍻 My first suspicion, would a restriction in the PVC system. Hope the Ford techs find the root cause and solution soon. Please keep us posted.

OP
B

Bwcafisher

Feb 19, 2023
Indiana
Current Ride
Bronco Raptor ‘22
Thanks for the welcome message! I suggested they look- I know bit about motors- not enough to be useful- just dangerous! Anyway they pulled oil cap to check and said they didn’t see blowby. Anyway- they called ford several times and worked with engineer. Today I was told they will swap motor! If it’s still PCV- the new motor will just pop leaks- right?! Thanks for recommendations! Lover the vehicle otherwise!

TurboS

Staff member
Founding Member
Feb 24, 2022
Gallery
Michigan
Current Ride
2022 Bronco Raptor
Likely the Ford tech and engineer checked the PVC system, they wouldn't be sending you a new engine without some due diligence. I'm glad to hear they are doing it right and replacing the engine vs a repair. I would also expect your old engine to return to Ford Performance in Dearborn where they can thoroughly diagnose the engine for root cause. Thank you and please keep us updated on the progress.

Top Member Reactions