GTO66

Dec 22, 2023
Colorado
Current Ride
23 Raptor
Current Ride #2
73 Bronco, 66 GTO, 23 Genesis GV70
Hello,

Does anybody know what those eyelets are located underneath the rear shock brackets? There is one on both sides just right under the shock brackets. I just got my Bronco Raptor and it was in "build" mode when they went on strike....just curious.

Thanks!

TurboS

Staff member
Founding Member
Feb 24, 2022
Gallery
Michigan
Current Ride
2022 Bronco Raptor
Hello,

Does anybody know what those eyelets are located underneath the rear shock brackets? There is one on both sides just right under the shock brackets. I just got my Bronco Raptor and it was in "build" mode when they went on strike....just curious.

Thanks!
If your referring to the machined holes on the backside of the lower shock to axle mounts those are used during assembly. The Bronco Raptor is too tall for the Ford Assembly line (MAP plant) so the rear axle is initially installed higher into the chassis allowing the body to proceed down the line at a lower ride height. At the end of the assembly line, the rear axle is unbolted and lowered on the chassis which raised the body to the intended design height. This was another obstacle the design team had to over come to build our Bronco Raptors on the Bronco/Ranger assembly line at MAP.

Added below photo 1/29/24
IMG_6308.jpeg

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions