Phone Mount - Tackform Install

Powerfiend

Founding Member
Sep 6, 2022
Gallery
Los Angeles
Current Ride
Dodge Ram
So after a lot of research and back and forth looking at different phone mounting solutions I ultimately decided on the Tackform setup for my Bronco. I first have to say that every step of this process from order, shipping, and receiving the actual product has been impressive. I was looking at Bulletpoint mounting and 67 Designs as they all seem to have nice stuff, but having the simple accessory plate and the telescoping arms is what finally sold me on the Tackform.

The quality and fit and finish of the parts are very impressive. I spend a lot of my day to day life in engineering and quality and am really happy with the stuff from Tackform. Even the packaging is thought out nicely and projects the level of detail these folks put into their products.

Installation was super easy.
IMG_4336 conv.jpeg

IMG_4340 conv.jpeg
IMG_4341 conv.jpeg
IMG_4343 conv.jpeg
IMG_4344 conv.jpeg
IMG_4345 conv.jpeg
IMG_4348 conv.jpeg

Montducati

Dec 1, 2022
Gallery
Connecticut
Current Ride
2022 Bronco Raptor
Current Ride #2
2020 BMW M2 Comp
Installed mine today, really nice quality. I’m going to use my Quad Lock mounts with it.

WhiskeyMike

Founding Member
Feb 2, 2022
Gallery
Vancouver
Installed mine and it fit great. but Question - how do you get under the dash to install the front hold down bolt?

Also customer support is great from this company!!

OP
Powerfiend

Powerfiend

Founding Member
Sep 6, 2022
Gallery
Los Angeles
Current Ride
Dodge Ram
I only used the single top hold down bolt that goes to the factory "accessory ready" threaded hole. The two feet on each side just use VHB double sided tape. Hope that helps.

WhiskeyMike

Founding Member
Feb 2, 2022
Gallery
Vancouver
The instructions say:

NOTICE For typical on-road use, the double sided tape and accessory ready screw will fasten the mount securely. FOR AGGRESSIVE off-road use, we include a set of 2 screws, washers, and nuts which can be used to mount the bracket kegs to the dash. Requires drilling 1/8" pilot hole.

The trick is how to get the lock nuts under the dash? Anyone done this or had their dash apart? The instructions don't cover that.

Fattire775

Jan 7, 2023
Reno, NV
Current Ride
22 BRaptor
Current Ride #2
17 Ram 5500
I wondered the same. Ended up purchasing a 1/4 x 20 - 1 1/4 cap screw from HomeDepot and mounted the ball through the plate and dash insert. Between the tape and mount, nothing is going to move.

TurboS

Staff member
Founding Member
Feb 24, 2022
Gallery
Michigan
Current Ride
2022 Bronco Raptor
I wondered the same. Ended up purchasing a 1/4 x 20 - 1 1/4 cap screw from HomeDepot and mounted the ball through the plate and dash insert. Between the tape and mount, nothing is going to move.
Welcome to the forum! 🍻 I agree seems like it won't move with the tape and mount, no need to drill the dash. I don't have much experience off-road but with the increased dampening of the Raptor seems the rail wouldn't move. 🤔

Top Member Reactions