PPF bubbling/delaminating less than 2yrs old?

Jetg

Founding Member
Mar 9, 2022
Gallery
Houston, Tx
Has anyone seen PPF delaminate in less than 2yrs? I would think this would be a warranty issue since in my opinion would be an install issue or film issue. The next issue is what about the rest of the vehicle that was done at the same time? Shop said bring it by and if it is a film issue it would be a warranty issue. Not sure how this wouldn’t be an automatic warranty and no questions. Thoughts?
IMG_3452.jpeg

Attachments

• IMG_3451.jpeg
    IMG_3451.jpeg
    255.5 KB · Views: 11

TurboS

Staff member
Founding Member
Feb 24, 2022
Gallery
Michigan
Current Ride
2022 Bronco Raptor
The PPF does not de-laminate, the PPF was not properly installed on the OEM anti-chipping textured paint. This is a very difficult area to install especially if they didn't remove the rock rails to provide clear access. The PPF looks fine in the photo above the textured painted area.

I also installed PPF on my Raptor on the textured paint, trying to provide extra protection as your installer did, but I think it's temporary as there is very small air bubbles which will eventually become larger as your's did. It's debatable if PPF is even needed on the OEM anit-chipping textured paint. I would recommend they remove the PPF from the textured paint, your rock rails cover the majority of this area.

This is what I did on my wife's badlands for ultimate protection and will probably install on my Raptor. I have not yet seen a Bronco Raptor version, however it's identical except the very front at the fender will need to be trimed as the lower front fenders on the Raptor are shorter.

IMG_5336.jpeg

TurboS

Staff member
Founding Member
Feb 24, 2022
Gallery
Michigan
Current Ride
2022 Bronco Raptor
Has anyone seen PPF delaminate in less than 2yrs? I would think this would be a warranty issue since in my opinion would be an install issue or film issue. The next issue is what about the rest of the vehicle that was done at the same time? Shop said bring it by and if it is a film issue it would be a warranty issue. Not sure how this wouldn’t be an automatic warranty and no questions. Thoughts?View attachment 10449
Upon 2nd look, this is on a first edition, those black plastic trail armors are a perfect fit. Note there are 4 door and 2 door versions available from Ford.

OP
J

Jetg

Founding Member
Mar 9, 2022
Gallery
Houston, Tx
Upon 2nd look, this is on a first edition, those black plastic trail armors are a perfect fit. Note there are 4 door and 2 door versions available from Ford.
That is correct this is a 2dr FE LB and the black plastic trail armors might be what I need for both the FE and the Raptor. Was not aware they made the trail armors.

Top Member Reactions