Rear winch mount

luterdan

Founding Member
Mar 8, 2022
Gallery
Jacksonville, FL
What's all of your thoughts on something like this?? Since we have all of the challenges with sensors etc in the front, would rear work?? Is a tow capability of 4500 pound enough to support a winch to pull us or others out??

Cupholders

Founding Member
Mar 10, 2022
Gallery
Mass
Military
Army & Air National Guard
Current Ride
Jeep Rubicon
What's all of your thoughts on something like this?? Since we have all of the challenges with sensors etc in the front, would rear work?? Is a tow capability of 4500 pound enough to support a winch to pull us or others out??

I would think the spare tire would be in the way.
I had one on (the front of) a Samurai years ago, it killed my approach angle so bad that I couldn’t even get into any areas that would require a winch

Rob41

Founding Member
Apr 19, 2022
Gallery
Northern MI
I would think the spare tire would be in the way.
I had one on (the front of) a Samurai years ago, it killed my approach angle so bad that I couldn’t even get into any areas that would require a winch
Someone would have to get creative to mount a winch on the rear of a Bronco.

I've often thought an ideal winch set up would be to have a hitch in the rear and front along with necessary electrical connections. To make mounting easier on the trail, a smaller winch could be used along with a snatch block to get enough pulling power.

Of course you would have to stow the winch inside somewhere.

Top Member Reactions