Gallery
Arizona
Military
ex Army
Current Ride
2023 Shadow Black Raptor
Current Ride #2
2023 BMW GS 1250 Adventure
I have no issues with the rear window visibility. Watching reviewers you would think you couldn't see anything. I know some on here on different threads have mentioned that they do not like the visibility and at least one (I think I remember who it is) has no issues with it.

I have come to a conclusion. I have just gone to the city. Where I live many drive big trucks. So if you are 6' tall and have your seat relatively high you can see a lot through the back window especially if most of the vehicles are large.

When I got to the city I found a couple of times some small cars are barely visible at times if they come close at stops. Which they do more often in the city than in the country. So living in the country with big vehicles around makes a difference. As well, being in the city I still don't know why many do not like it. Sure it could be better but it is way better than I thought it was going to be based on some reviewers.

I have no issues with the visibility. Perhaps the way I drive and my use of mirrors makes a difference. Or not.

Last edited:

Johnny Rebel

Jul 11, 2023
Gallery
LA
Current Ride
Bronco Big Bend
Current Ride #2
Bronco Raptor
I agree with you. I've never found it to be a problem and have never considered changing anything to increase visibility, but I can understand how others might feel differently. Truthfully, it's not much better in our 2 door, but I can't recall ever being in a situation in either Bronco where the lack of visibility has caused an issue.

TurboS

Staff member
Founding Member
Feb 24, 2022
Gallery
Michigan
Current Ride
2022 Bronco Raptor
I agree, and I embrace the reason we can't hardly see out the back window as I think it's one of the coolness characteristics of the Bronco Raptor. I have spent a lifetime driving with big trailers in tow that completely block rearward visibility therefore I seldom use the windshield center mirror even when the rearward view isn't block. I've learned to make the best of the side mirrors.

If your going to backup, always look at the reverse camera in any vehicle, it could save a small child's life.

That said, it seems like it would be a nice enhancement to have the windshield center mirror to have the capability to toggle between "live actual" view (requirement per vehicle regulations) and a digital representation as found in the C8 Corvette. Downside is that rear area of our Bronco Raptors get customized with additional accessories, so it could become another obstacle to deal with when customizing.

Last edited:

Apache 8

Founding Member
Feb 18, 2022
SoCal
It would be nice to have the camera-type mirror. But I agree that with the exception of the infrequent motorcycle or small car that gets right on your tail, the side view mirrors are solid for detecting rear traffic.

tc2thdr

Oct 25, 2022
Onalaska Wi
Current Ride
2020 Porsche Macan S
Current Ride #2
2022 Chevrolet Corvette
I agree, and I embrace the reason we can't hardly see out the back window as I think it's one of the coolness characteristics of the Bronco Raptor. I have spent a lifetime driving with big trailers in tow that completely block rearward visibility therefore I seldom use the windshield center mirror even when the rearward view isn't block. I've learned to make the best of the side mirrors.

If your going to backup, always look at the reverse camera in any vehicle, it could save a small child's life.

That said, it seems like it would be a nice enhancement to have the windshield center mirror to have the capability to toggle between "live actual" view (requirement per vehicle regulations) and a digital representation as found in the C8 Corvette. Downside is that rear area of our Bronco Raptors get customized with additional accessories, so it could become another obstacle to deal with when customizing.
Is there an aftermarket rear view camera mirror?

TurboS

Staff member
Founding Member
Feb 24, 2022
Gallery
Michigan
Current Ride
2022 Bronco Raptor
Is there an aftermarket rear view camera mirror?
I haven't searched for one yet, if there isn't one, seems there should be in the near future.

You so have one in your C8 vette? If so, how do you like it, I'm suspecting it's a different camera than a backup camera.

hpgraham

Sep 13, 2022
Meridian, MS
Current Ride
2023 Bronco Raptor
Current Ride #2
2022 Ram TRX
I have the digital rear view mirror camera on my Ram TRX and it would be a much welcomed addition to my Raptor. There is no reason why they can't put another camera above the backup camera on the rear tire mount. Make it an option so if you want to modify it then you can.

Jhruzek

Jul 26, 2023
Gallery
Houston
Current Ride
2022 Braptor
I bought the Fullvue system even though I am tall and can see fairly well out the rear window. Usually, I am not as worried about things behind me, but we have a lot of fools riding crotch rockets that have caught me by surprise. I think the camera will allow me to see them coming better so I can be better prepared for when they pass me.

TurboS

Staff member
Founding Member
Feb 24, 2022
Gallery
Michigan
Current Ride
2022 Bronco Raptor
I bought the Fullvue system even though I am tall and can see fairly well out the rear window. Usually, I am not as worried about things behind me, but we have a lot of fools riding crotch rockets that have caught me by surprise. I think the camera will allow me to see them coming better so I can be better prepared for when they pass me.
Good idea! Please provide us with your experience and satisfaction once you have the Fullvue system installed. I'm expecting this Fullvue system by Brandmotion to be a quality product.

Also Bronco model specific available

Last edited:

ChiliPepper

🏆 BR of the Month 🏆
Dec 3, 2022
Gallery
Cottonwood Heights, UT
Current Ride
Ford Bronco Raptor
Current Ride #2
Jeep Cherokee Trailhawk
First Responder
27 yrs SAR, Wilderness EMT, retired
Agreed. One of the tradeoffs with getting a rig with wide hips is more use of the side mirrors. If you do the camera/NAV hack you can run your rig with the rear camera on the 12" display. Obviously, it comes on when in reverse as is the 360-deg view. I doubt anyone needs more than that.

One of the side benefits of the JCR bumper and swing gates is that the spare tire is offset from center, which opens up the rear window view.

WANNA1

Nov 15, 2022
Gallery
Current Ride
2013 Ford F150 FX4 Platinum
Current Ride #2
2013 Lexus RX305, 2022 Mach E, 2022 Ford Bronco BD
I installed the spare tire brake light & removed the OEM one. I was surprised at how much more rear visibility it provided.

Top Member Reactions