Regrets on My Bronco's PPF? How Xpel Paint Protection Film Transformed My Off-Road Adventures Review - By Buckle Up Buttercup

TurboS

Staff member
Founding Member
Feb 24, 2022
Gallery
Michigan
Current Ride
2022 Bronco Raptor
Good PPF review and after 20+ years of my own PPF experience I agree with her claims.

"In this video, I'm sharing my hands-on experience with the Xpel PPF (Paint Protection Film) on my black 2023 Ford Bronco Badlands, Buttercup 2.0. I've been using this protective wrap for over six months, and in this review, I'll dive into whether it's worth the hefty cost. I was initially skeptical of PPF wraps due to their expense, but I waited to provide a thorough assessment.
Let's rewind a bit to my previous Bronco, Buttercup 1.0, which had a 3M wrap. After witnessing the impressive protection it offered, especially when I peeled it off and saw the pristine condition underneath, I knew my new black Bronco needed similar care. Opting for a black Bronco for its universal appeal, I decided to go with a different approach this time - the Xpel PPF.
I chose the stealth finish and went a step further by adding custom graphics beneath the PPF, giving my Bronco a distinctive 3D look. Stressing the importance of professional installation, I handed the job to Tin House Customs, licensed installers of Xpel PPF, who are also fellow Bronco enthusiasts. They're located about 3 to 4 hours away from me in Davie, Florida, and the drive was well worth it.
Throughout the video, I discuss the ease of maintenance with Xpel PPF compared to traditional wraps, sharing my experiences with off-road challenges, tight trails, and potential scratches from branches. The self-healing properties of the Xpel PPF are a standout feature, providing peace of mind against minor damages.
I touch on the UV protection benefits, crucial for a black vehicle in a sunny environment, and emphasize that Xpel PPF is custom-built for the Bronco, eliminating the need for cutting and aligning pieces during installation.
Summing it up, I believe Xpel PPF is a substantial investment, especially for off-roaders. It's tailored to fit your vehicle perfectly, and in today's market where cars are expensive, protecting your investment is a no-brainer. I encourage viewers to consider Xpel PPF as one of the initial steps in safeguarding their vehicle. As I gear up for upcoming adventures in different terrains, I'm excited to see how the Xpel PPF will hold up over time. So, Buckle up Buttercup, and check out be sure to check out my website Buckle Up Off-Road for all your Bronco needs and wants!"

CRAZYACE63

Founding Member
Jun 16, 2022
Gallery
California
Current Ride
2023 CO Braptor
Current Ride #2
2010 Challenger R/T
Been subscribed to her for a couple years now. From her humble beginnings to a full on bronco store owner. That is why I am looking into getting the XPEL on my braptor in the next few months. Out here in Ca. I have a local dealer that is charging me 5K for the full xpel10 with ceramic coating the hardtop.

412Brap

Jul 13, 2023
Gallery
PNW via #412
Current Ride
2023 Bronco Raptor
Current Ride #2
2023 Aston Martin DBX707
I XPEL all my cars at delivery time, no exceptions. Expensive, yes, but so is repainting your car. Other things you may not think about.

1. Bug gut protection - you still need to wash the guts off quickly if you live in a hot climate, but at least it isn't marring your paint

2. Corrosion Protection

OP
TurboS

TurboS

Staff member
Founding Member
Feb 24, 2022
Gallery
Michigan
Current Ride
2022 Bronco Raptor
I XPEL all my cars at delivery time, no exceptions. Expensive, yes, but so is repainting your car. Other things you may not think about.

1. Bug gut protection - you still need to wash the guts off quickly if you live in a hot climate, but at least it isn't marring your paint

2. Corrosion Protection
I use the Xpel PPF cleaner to easily remove those stubborn bug marks or anything else that doesn't easily wash off. The PPF cleaner with a microfiber towel cleans the PPF surprisingly easy, I then just go back over it with a ceramic detailer or booster (I have ceramic coating on top of the PPF) and looks like new. Much easier than removing bug stains etc. from paint.

1703292383160.png

There is also water spot remover and a iron oxide remover for PPF.

412Brap

Jul 13, 2023
Gallery
PNW via #412
Current Ride
2023 Bronco Raptor
Current Ride #2
2023 Aston Martin DBX707
I use the Xpel PPF cleaner to easily remove those stubborn bug marks or anything else that doesn't easily wash off. The PPF cleaner with a microfiber towel cleans the PPF surprisingly easy, I then just go back over it with a ceramic detailer or booster (I have ceramic coating on top of the PPF) and looks like new. Much easier than removing bug stains etc. from paint.

View attachment 11308

There is also water spot remover and a iron oxide remover for PPF.
Never knew about this stuff. Thank you. ORDERED!!

Top Member Reactions