Rock slides and Steps

luterdan

Founding Member
Mar 8, 2022
Gallery
Jacksonville, FL
I was just watching the video by "Buckle up Buttercup" on the raptor and she pointed to the steps and said you could take them off to go off-roading. Is that necessary, or are they full rock sliders too? Does anyone have any guesses? will the side steps support the vehicle or do they need to be removed before hitting the trails? I know it's not too many bolts, but could be a PITA. if that's the case, we may need to look into the deal on B6G with RS Engineering and the disappearing steps.

Cupholders

Founding Member
Mar 10, 2022
Gallery
Mass
Military
Army & Air National Guard
Current Ride
Jeep Rubicon
I was just watching the video by "Buckle up Buttercup" on the raptor and she pointed to the steps and said you could take them off to go off-roading. Is that necessary, or are they full rock sliders too? Does anyone have any guesses? will the side steps support the vehicle or do they need to be removed before hitting the trails? I know it's not too many bolts, but could be a PITA. if that's the case, we may need to look into the deal on B6G with RS Engineering and the disappearing steps.
I would say you should take them off. They are wide and I think if you came down hard on the outboard edge it would not support the weight of the Raptor

Apache 8

Founding Member
Feb 18, 2022
SoCal
We are talking about two separate applications. Take them off for rock crawling (they are not designed to support the vehicle's weight) or leave them on for high speed off road Baja style running.

Top Member Reactions