TurboS

Staff member
Founding Member
Feb 24, 2022
Gallery
Michigan
Current Ride
2022 Bronco Raptor
I’m fine using the drivers side dash handle to assist exiting the Bronco Raptor, however my wife commented on the first time exiting there wasn't an overhead grab handle. I found these on Amazon, seem to compliment the Raptor interior and high enough their out of the way, including the side curtain airbag that's directly underneath.

2F6A5129-E30D-4BBB-83E3-68FE470E6A1E.jpeg

270320F9-0005-4C5A-B6C4-0A35090B1CFD.jpeg

Simply remove the two bolts and install, alignment was perfect including the rounded tab fitment to the recessed plastic trim. The bolts originally weren’t very tight so I didn’t use an excessive amount of torque to tighten, just nicely snug. Seem quite sturdy but I wouldn’t pull my entire weight, but I’m not expecting to use as I like the dash handle, they'll work fine for the wife. The cord grab handles as seen here in marketplace may handle increased weight as the force would be vertical (shear) against the bolts vs. these having leverage (tension) on the bolts. In summary the quality seems good, up out of the way, sturdy, and practical. Wife hasn't seen these yet, I never tell her about mods as I like to see how long before she notices. I'll update with her feedback, whenever that is.

C76DFD17-24AD-48C1-8B3C-21FD2EB9B614.jpeg

I debated installing these so close to the airbags, then I found this video below by Backroad Driver where they explain the side airbag deployment (~1:35 marker) that provided enough visual encouragement that they won't become metal projectiles during an airbag deployment.

Last edited:
OP
TurboS

TurboS

Staff member
Founding Member
Feb 24, 2022
Gallery
Michigan
Current Ride
2022 Bronco Raptor
Nice picture tucked up out of the way. After watching the video the airbag deployment doesn't look to be affected by these at all! 👍🏻
There is enough space to the roof to still easily wrap your hand but I wouldn't want them any closer.
Those handles look nice and study! (y)
Yes, there is zero flex of the aluminum casting or handle, my only concern is only the strength of the bolt itself. As an assist, I think they will be just fine.

OP
TurboS

TurboS

Staff member
Founding Member
Feb 24, 2022
Gallery
Michigan
Current Ride
2022 Bronco Raptor

widnere12

Founding Member
Mar 1, 2022
Gallery
Atlanta

GLOCK10MM

Feb 19, 2023
NJ
Current Ride
2004 Dodge 2500 Cummings
Current Ride #2
2015 Jeep Rubicon JK
First Responder
(retired)
I know this is an older topic, but does anyone have any update on the grab handles they chose ? How are they holding up ? I don't skip meals as a general rule, so I'm worried about durability. I have some mobility issues so I need something strong & dependable. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

95BK9

Founding Member
Mar 27, 2022
Gallery
Ohio
Military
US Army Military Police K9
Current Ride
2023 Aera 51 Braptor
Current Ride #2
2006 Ranger FX4 Level II
First Responder
Former Police
I know this is an older topic, but does anyone have any update on the grab handles they chose ? How are they holding up ? I don't skip meals as a general rule, so I'm worried about durability. I have some mobility issues so I need something strong & dependable. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Mine went in easy and are sturdy so far. I am 6'2" and over 240#, they pull me up easily.

DallasCajun

Jan 6, 2023
Gallery
Dallas
Current Ride
23 Ford Bronco Raptor
Love the look of the Sparta aluminum handles and thought about them, but wondering if they’re compatible with the IAG Interior Dome Lights since those we the same bolt to hold up the bracket. Also waiting to get my mesh-top on first and see how everything interacts in that general area.

OP
TurboS

TurboS

Staff member
Founding Member
Feb 24, 2022
Gallery
Michigan
Current Ride
2022 Bronco Raptor
Love the look of the Sparta aluminum handles and thought about them, but wondering if they’re compatible with the IAG Interior Dome Lights since those we the same bolt to hold up the bracket. Also waiting to get my mesh-top on first and see how everything interacts in that general area.
I was planning to try installing the IAG Interior front dome lights over the top of the grab handle tab utilizing the same bolt. I remember the bolt was seemed longer than needed, need 1.5-2.0 times the bolt thread diameter in threaded portion length that screwed in for maximum strength. You think that would be enough surface area for the IAG light mount to prevent it from rotating downward?

DallasCajun

Jan 6, 2023
Gallery
Dallas
Current Ride
23 Ford Bronco Raptor
I was planning to try installing the IAG Interior front dome lights over the top of the grab handle tab utilizing the same bolt. I remember the bolt was seemed longer than needed, need 1.5-2.0 times the bolt thread diameter in threaded portion length that screwed in for maximum strength. You think that would be enough surface area for the IAG light mount to prevent it from rotating downward?

That would be how I would expect to install them, just not sure if the IAG bracket or light itself will interfere with the grab handle. Looking at the pics of the handles I’m not sure…seems like the only way to know for sure is go ahead and try it.

Top Member Reactions