Arizona
Military
ex Army
Current Ride
2023 Shadow Black Raptor
Current Ride #2
2023 BMW GS 1250 Adventure
Hi,

I got this warning light today. The Ford app says "the vehicle detected a misfire" and get it checked. It also says to avoid hard acceleration and deceleration which makes sense. I spoke with a couple of experienced mechanic friends and we discussed the possible reasons. I will know more when I speak with Ford and get their view and of course have it checked. I will check the plugs tomorrow my self as that is about all I can do.

I am interested in hearing if anyone has had this warning and what ended up happening or anything else people can offer. Of course, it could of been just once or an ongoing issue. We shall see. Nice to hear if anyone else has had this as Ford may take a while to look at it and the service guy may not be able to give me any good information. I am two hours away from any dealership and I am hoping they can get me in when I am in town Tuesday. We shall see.

Thanks

OP
Roughstock

Roughstock

Jul 1, 2023
Gallery
Arizona
Military
ex Army
Current Ride
2023 Shadow Black Raptor
Current Ride #2
Dropping it off today for service. I will let you know. I was pleased they are taking it right away.

TurboS

Staff member
Founding Member
Feb 24, 2022
Gallery
Michigan
Current Ride
2022 Bronco Raptor
Dropping it off today for service. I will let you know. I was pleased they are taking it right away.
Hoping they find it's a bad battery that had insufficient voltage at startup. I've experienced this error before during cold startup on one of my cars but I think in that case it simply needed a new battery. Hoping battery as it's just an easy non-invasive fix.
I've seen this error numerous times on my boat, so far it's always been a temporarily fouled plug, sometimes it's accompanied by a crank or cam position sensor error. Not that I recommend it, but with the boat so far, some extra WOT time has cured all.

OP
Roughstock

Roughstock

Jul 1, 2023
Gallery
Arizona
Military
ex Army
Current Ride
2023 Shadow Black Raptor
Current Ride #2
Hoping they find it's a bad battery that had insufficient voltage at startup. I've experienced this error before during cold startup on one of my cars but I think in that case it simply needed a new battery. Hoping battery as it's just an easy non-invasive fix.
I've seen this error numerous times on my boat, so far it's always been a temporarily fouled plug, sometimes it's accompanied by a crank or cam position sensor error. Not that I recommend it, but with the boat so far, some extra WOT time has cured all.
I can handle WOT. I'm good at it. Thanks for the info.

Top Member Reactions