Founding Member
Apr 1, 2022
Gallery
Ohio
Current Ride
2023 Bronco Raptor
Current Ride #2
Land Rover Defender
Greetings. Just asking for the opinions of those of you driving a raptor. I have had mine for a few weeks now and one thing I have noticed is that I can’t tell a difference in the ride when I cycle between normal, sport, and off road settings on the shocks. I would have expected a firmer ride in sport and maybe a bit more bounce in off road but I really couldn’t say I notice any difference at all. I’m running 36-37 psi on the stock tires.

Is this normal or is there maybe something not functioning correctly if I don’t feel a change with the settings? Anybody out there with similar experience on their ride?

Thanks

Last edited:

TurboS

Staff member
Founding Member
Feb 24, 2022
Gallery
Michigan
Current Ride
2022 Bronco Raptor
I've noticed the same, however I only have ~500 miles on relatively smooth roads. I believe this is due to the "Active" shock suspension vs a "Magnetic" ride suspension. With Active the suspension movement is monitored by the chassis computers that then adjust the shocks vs a Magnetic is simply adjusting the shock valving which is a instantaneous change but there isn't any suspension movement feedback to the chassis computers. I notice the same on my Porsche with Active suspension until I get on rough roads it will be slightly smoother in the soft setting, if I tracked it I would expect to notice a difference when pushed to the extremes.

I'm guessing our off-road Active suspension needs some high speed off-road runs where it's utilizing far more suspension travel to have a significant seat of the pants difference.

We need someone that has done some high speed off-roading to chime in, I would hope they noticed a significant difference.

OP
bwilly68

bwilly68

Founding Member
Apr 1, 2022
Gallery
Ohio
Current Ride
2023 Bronco Raptor
Current Ride #2
Land Rover Defender
Thanks for the reply. What you are saying makes sense. I’m probably barely using a percentage of the capabilities of the suspension with on road driving on relatively smooth roads. Maybe some higher speed cornering would show how the sport works. I’ll have to go find the roughest stretch of road I can and then see how normal and Baja differs.

TurboS

Staff member
Founding Member
Feb 24, 2022
Gallery
Michigan
Current Ride
2022 Bronco Raptor
Thanks for the reply. What you are saying makes sense. I’m probably barely using a percentage of the capabilities of the suspension with on road driving on relatively smooth roads. Maybe some higher speed cornering would show how the sport works. I’ll have to go find the roughest stretch of road I can and then see how normal and Baja differs.
@DdYHrse has experienced varying terrain in his Bronco Raptor.

Top Member Reactions