LethalJoe

Supporting Vendor
Oct 20, 2022
Gallery
South Florida
Current Ride
12' CTS-V
Hey all!

We installed the Turbosmart Kompact Dual Port BOV on our 2022 Ford Bronco Raptor, followed by some revs and drive-bys to give you a good idea of the sound of the BOV in action!

Check out the full video here!

Install is as easy as it gets, as you only need 2 hand tools.

- An E5 Torx Socket, along with a ratchet.
- A 5MM Allen Key.
- Zipties (personal preference)

Benefits of the Blow Off Valve other than sound?

- High quality CNC-Machined Billet Aluminum, making it stronger than OE Plastic Composite.
- Holds more boost with more efficiency.
- Improves response & thermal performance

In turn, with best boost-holding capability, the Turbosmart BOV is a must for anyone looking to mod and turn up the boost on their Bronco Raptor in order to gain the full potential.

Check out both the Dual Port and Plumb Back BOV from Turbosmart here!

Dual Port VR13. (50% vented to atmosphere/50% recirculated) Turbosmart BOV Kompact Dual Port VR13 (2021+ Bronco 2.3L/2.7L & Bronco Sport 2.0L / 2022+ Bronco Raptor 3.0L) - 0223-1082 (TS-0223-1082)

Plumb Back VR13 (stock sound and operation) TurboSmart Blow Off Valve Kompact Shortie EM Series Plumb Back VR13 (2021+ Bronco 2.3L/2.7L & Bronco Sport 2.0L / 2022+ Bronco Raptor 3.0L) - 0223-1282 (TS-0223-1282)

DallasCajun

Jan 6, 2023
Gallery
Dallas
Current Ride
23 Ford Bronco Raptor
Might be a dumb question, but is the primary difference between the Dual Port and Plumb Back in the sound?

OP
LethalJoe

LethalJoe

Supporting Vendor
Oct 20, 2022
Gallery
South Florida
Current Ride
12' CTS-V
Might be a dumb question, but is the primary difference between the Dual Port and Plumb Back in the sound?
Yes, sound is the main difference. Although, another added benefit to the Dual Port is the venting air to atmosphere, which lowers the amount of air being sent back into the intake tract from the charge pipe. Generally, after passing through the charge pipe under pressure, that air will be much warmer than what the fresh air in the intake would be and could raise IATs slightly. That’s not a huge factor considering it’s pre-intercooler and pre-turbo, and probably wouldn’t raise it more than a couple of degrees at most, but still definitely a factor, especially if you’re running it hard.

DallasCajun

Jan 6, 2023
Gallery
Dallas
Current Ride
23 Ford Bronco Raptor
Yes, sound is the main difference. Although, another added benefit to the Dual Port is the venting air to atmosphere, which lowers the amount of air being sent back into the intake tract from the charge pipe. Generally, after passing through the charge pipe under pressure, that air will be much warmer than what the fresh air in the intake would be and could raise IATs slightly. That’s not a huge factor considering it’s pre-intercooler and pre-turbo, and probably wouldn’t raise it more than a couple of degrees at most, but still definitely a factor, especially if you’re running it hard.

Thanks, I assumed there was some performance ‘impact’ even if minimal. I like the idea behind it, just not sure if I want the sound all the time. I ended up finding your video comparing the 2 and that helped but your additional context here adds to the understanding.

95BK9

Founding Member
Mar 27, 2022
Gallery
Ohio
Military
US Army Military Police K9
Current Ride
2023 Aera 51 Braptor
Current Ride #2
2006 Ranger FX4 Level II
First Responder
Former Police
Just put mine on today, had to wait for the 5MM socket to come in. Not crazy about how the wires are routed, after several attempts this seemed to the least amount of stress on them.

Attachments

• 95BK9 (1).jpeg
    95BK9 (1).jpeg
    280.7 KB · Views: 61
  • 95BK9 (2).jpeg
    95BK9 (2).jpeg
    181 KB · Views: 62
Last edited:

waterisurfriend

Founding Member
Sep 22, 2022
Gallery
Missouri
Current Ride
2023 Bronco Raptor
Current Ride #2
2021 Ford Explorer
I just installed the dual port in my 2023 Raptor. The wire harness was zip tied to a plastic cover over one of the factory bolts. You have to peel back some of the tape and cut the zip tie so the cover can be unscrewed off the factory bolt. Other than that it literally is only 10 minutes to install.

Attachments

• IMG_9597.jpeg
    IMG_9597.jpeg
    235.5 KB · Views: 29

95BK9

Founding Member
Mar 27, 2022
Gallery
Ohio
Military
US Army Military Police K9
Current Ride