Wheelin' in the Modern World with Ford Broncos at Chokecherry Canyon in New Mexico | On The Trail - By Driving Line

TurboS

Staff member
Founding Member
Feb 24, 2022
Gallery
Michigan
Current Ride
2022 Bronco Raptor
Loren Healy provides useful technical advise on navigating Chokecherry Canyon obsticals in this 21 minute video. No Bronco Raptor's but 3 built RTR Bronco's in this episode, note that all 3 have Michigan Manufacture's license plates. 🤔

"Get ready for an adrenaline-pumping off-roading adventure with Ultra 4 Racer Loren Healy, his daughter Saylor Healy, and his co-driver Jesse Amyx in the heart of Chokecherry Canyon!
In this episode of "On The Trail," join us as we witness the Healy family's off-road prowess and their trio of Ford Broncos specially equipped with cutting-edge technology. They're here to conquer the unforgiving natural obstacles, push the limits of their trusty trucks, and show us what modern off-roading is all about.
Don't miss this epic journey into the wild with Loren, Saylor and Jesse as they take us through Chokecherry Canyon like never before."
00:00 Introduction
00:48 Loren, Saylor and Jesse Intro
01:27 Getting to Chokecherry Canyon
02:34 The Gatekeeper
05:03 Chokecherry a hidden gem in the off-roading community
07:23 The Garage
12:11 Brown Springs Competition Area
15:40 Saylor's Toughest Obstacle with Dad's Guidance
19:42 Getting out to Chokecherry

Last edited:

Roughstock

Jul 1, 2023
Gallery
Arizona
Military
ex Army
Current Ride
2023 Shadow Black Raptor
Current Ride #2
2023 BMW GS 1250 Adventure
Loren Healy provides useful technical advise on navigating Chokecherry Canyon obsticals in this 21 minute video. No Bronco Raptor's but 3 built RTR Bronco's in this episode, note that all 3 have Michigan Manufacture's license plates. 🤔

"Get ready for an adrenaline-pumping off-roading adventure with Ultra 4 Racer Loren Healy, his daughter Saylor Healy, and his co-driver Jesse Amyx in the heart of Chokecherry Canyon!
In this episode of "On The Trail," join us as we witness the Healy family's off-road prowess and their trio of Ford Broncos specially equipped with cutting-edge technology. They're here to conquer the unforgiving natural obstacles, push the limits of their trusty trucks, and show us what modern off-roading is all about.
Don't miss this epic journey into the wild with Loren, Saylor and Jesse as they take us through Chokecherry Canyon like never before."
00:00 Introduction
00:48 Loren, Saylor and Jesse Intro
01:27 Getting to Chokecherry Canyon
02:34 The Gatekeeper
05:03 Chokecherry a hidden gem in the off-roading community
07:23 The Garage
12:11 Brown Springs Competition Area
15:40 Saylor's Toughest Obstacle with Dad's Guidance
19:42 Getting out to Chokecherry

Thanks for posting this. This kind of rock crawling is a bit too technical for me. Not really interested. I like seeing the scenery and find it cool they grew up there wheeling. Other than that not much else other than an ad. for Nitto. I don't agree with going back to older machines to learn how to drive. We take the machines of today and do more. I spent my whole life on a bike (road and dirt) and I would much rather drive the bikes of today than the bikes of yesteryear. They are safer, way more capable and a lot more fun. If you grew up wheeling the old vehicles that would have been a great time and a cool way to grow up but we are not missing anything other than past memories and experience. I did have a lot of fun as a kid on bikes but I wouldn't want to ride an old bike now. In 2001 my dad gave me a an 1984 KZ 750 he totally re did. It was nice but you really knew you were riding it bouncing and rattling around the corners at high speed. I also had at that time a Kawasaki ZRX 1200R and that bike was styled after the old KZ'eds. 125 HP, great suspension and tires and a blast to ride. I will stick with the Raptor.

It seems Nitto sponsors a lot of these videos. What do people think or the KO2's? I would be interested in hearing. They seem to be a good tire.

Jpeg 33.jpg
jpeg 32.jpg

Look at these two bikes. These are the actual bikes. The ZRX 1200 above was an awesome machine. The KZ 750 (rear spring shocks) above would have been back in the day but the ZRX really really rocked it. Don't get me wrong I loved the KZ. I gave it to a guy years down the road who worked for me at the time. He was a real tinkerer and we had a KZ 650 in pieces and a GPZ 750 he took as well.

Fantastic memories. My dad's first bike had no shocks at all and was a suicide shift.

Last edited:
OP
TurboS

TurboS

Staff member
Founding Member
Feb 24, 2022
Gallery
Michigan
Current Ride
2022 Bronco Raptor
Nitto sponsor's most of those in video's that I've seen running their tires. From my observations, it appears Nitto has done well targeting the racing community, on & off road racing.

I Love the K02's, currently have them on 3 of my 4x4's. They ride good, quiet, and sticky (good traction) on the highway.

JohnGalt

Founding Member
🏆 BR of the Month 🏆
May 25, 2022
Gallery
Sacramento/Tahoe
Current Ride
2022 Bronco Raptor
Current Ride #2
2023 Land Rover Defender 110
Thanks for posting this. This kind of rock crawling is a bit too technical for me. Not really interested. I like seeing the scenery and find it cool they grew up there wheeling. Other than that not much else other than an ad. for Nitto. I don't agree with going back to older machines to learn how to drive. We take the machines of today and do more. I spent my whole life on a bike (road and dirt) and I would much rather drive the bikes of today than the bikes of yesteryear. They are safer, way more capable and a lot more fun. If you grew up wheeling the old vehicles that would have been a great time and a cool way to grow up but we are not missing anything other than past memories and experience. I did have a lot of fun as a kid on bikes but I wouldn't want to ride an old bike now. In 2001 my dad gave me a an 1984 KZ 750 he totally re did. It was nice but you really knew you were riding it bouncing and rattling around the corners at high speed. I also had at that time a Kawasaki ZRX 1200R and that bike was styled after the old KZ'eds. 125 HP, great suspension and tires and a blast to ride. I will stick with the Raptor.

It seems Nitto sponsors a lot of these videos. What do people think or the KO2's? I would be interested in hearing. They seem to be a good tire.

Look at these two bikes. These are the actual bikes. The ZRX 1200 above was an awesome machine. The KZ 750 (rear spring shocks) above would have been back in the day but the ZRX really really rocked it. Don't get me wrong I loved the KZ. I gave it to a guy years down the road who worked for me at the time. He was a real tinkerer and we had a KZ 650 in pieces and a GPZ 750 he took as well.

Fantastic memories. My dad's first bike had no shocks at all and was a suicide shift.
who doesn’t look back fondly at soiling their undergarments when they get tank slapping speed wobbles on their 70’s Yamaha RD-350. Aaaaaah good times!

Top Member Reactions