Founding Member
Feb 24, 2022
Gallery
Michigan
Current Ride
2022 Bronco Raptor
14 minute informative video
By our very First BROTM winner, and our First BROTM repeat winner: @DesertChief

"We’ve all been there. It’s dark, it’s cold, you had a great time wheeling with friends but by now you’ve been on the trail for 12 hours, and all you want to do is air up the tires and get home for a shower. But you have this tiny compressor that takes 20 minutes to fill your tires, and you remember somebody telling you about how fast the Power Tank is. "
"On this episode, Matt is doing a real-world live comparison of some popular tire inflation methods to find out which is really a faster solution. On our list of products, he’s got a Viair 440P portable compressor, an All-Top dual compressor with a 4-way hose to fill all four tires at the same time, and lastly, his trusty 15 lbs Power Tank compressed CO2 on board air system."
"The Test: Air-down all four 37-inch Nitto Trail Grapplers on his Bronco Raptor to 15psi. Using the different products, Matt times himself while setting up each product, filling them to 35psi, and packing it back into the Bronco. But this isn’t a race, so Matt is moving at a normal pace, to recreate real-world conditions. Watch the video to find out which is the fastest way to pump up your off-road tires!"
"Before closing us out, Matt gives us a quick demo of his Monster Valve Tap2s, and how Power Tank even takes it a step further with these ultra-fast tire valves made to flow much more air."

Greybeard

🏆 BR of the Month 🏆
Aug 17, 2023
Gallery
Huntington Beach CA
Current Ride
'23 Raptor
Current Ride #2
'22 4XE Rubicon
I use a twin compressor with a "custom" 4-way air hose with a built-in gauge. It fills them up faster than most, takes up less room, doesn't leak or need to be filled, and all four tires are on one line with the exact same pressure. I also use the same line to deflate the tires. It's so much easier.

Roughstock

Jul 1, 2023
Gallery
Arizona
Military
ex Army
Current Ride
2023 Shadow Black Raptor
Current Ride #2
2023 BMW GS 1250 Adventure
I must say I haven't watched the video. I usually enjoy his videos. How fast to you need to be? As well, it seems he doesn't use the ARB twin with a compressor tank so the comparison for me is useless. We still have the Viair 440p for an RV we had and I can say for sure my the ARB is much faster. I agree with above as we have a 4 way hose with a gauge as well. Works just fine and is fast enough for me.

Top Member Reactions