wire behind the rearview mirror

pk9394

Mar 18, 2024
Gallery
NY
Current Ride
Bronco Raptor
Anyone know whats the wire do behind the rearview mirror? I have install the Wolfbox 900G. right now I am layover the oem mirror but wanted to direct replace the oem mirror for more clean look. Is that ok to leave it unplug that wire? I ask the guy from stickerfab he does a install video on youtube, he say I can keep it unplug. Anyone can confirm?

Thanks,

Attachments

• Screenshot 2024-04-11 at 3.58.21 PM.png
    Screenshot 2024-04-11 at 3.58.21 PM.png
    547.9 KB · Views: 14

CRAZYACE63

Founding Member
Jun 16, 2022
Gallery
California
Current Ride
2023 CO Braptor
Current Ride #2
2010 Challenger R/T
That is the power plug for the auto dimming feature of the mirror. Since these mirrors don't have the little lever to dim them when lights come in the back window, they do it by the electronics in the mirror itself. You can leave it unplugged, but you will lose the feature of the auto dimming mirror. Hope this helps.

OP
P

pk9394

Mar 18, 2024
Gallery
NY
Current Ride
Bronco Raptor
Have wolfbox 900G replace the oem mirror, so I leave it unplug for now. If i got any code or lights on. I will follow up here. Now I see a lot better 😃 , the rear view mirror is horrible, can't see the car direct behind me. Ford should included the mirror camera in the first place for an 90k car. Thanks for the help. have it install, see a lot better now LOL

Attachments

• Screenshot 2024-04-12 at 11.49.46 AM.png
    Screenshot 2024-04-12 at 11.49.46 AM.png
    756.6 KB · Views: 9
Last edited:

TurboS

Staff member
Founding Member
Feb 24, 2022
Gallery
Michigan
Current Ride
2022 Bronco Raptor
Anyone know whats the wire do behind the rearview mirror? I have install the Wolfbox 900G. right now I am layover the oem mirror but wanted to direct replace the oem mirror for more clean look. Is that ok to leave it unplug that wire? I ask the guy from stickerfab he does a install video on youtube, he say I can keep it unplug. Anyone can confirm?

Thanks,
Welcome to BroncoRaptor.com! 🍻 FYI, review mirror specifications and criteria is controlled by federal motor vehicle standards for manufactures. It would be nice if Ford offered a switchable "real view" to "camera view" mirror like in the C8 corvette. Meanwhile you found the solution. (y)

OP
P

pk9394

Mar 18, 2024
Gallery
NY
Current Ride
Bronco Raptor
even my sisters 2019 rav4 have the switchable real view camera mirror :rolleyes:

goatjacket

Mar 31, 2024
Ft Wayne Indiana
Military
Air Force (Ret)
Current Ride
24 Shelter Green, Code Orange
Current Ride #2
Kia Ev6 GT
First Responder
Police officer
Have wolfbox 900G replace the oem mirror, so I leave it unplug for now. If i got any code or lights on. I will follow up here. Now I see a lot better 😃 , the rear view mirror is horrible, can't see the car direct behind me. Ford should included the mirror camera in the first place for an 90k car. Thanks for the help. have it install, see a lot better now LOL
I've got my 900G shipping as we speak and can't wait for the install. I had the digital rearview on my TRX level 2 and it was such a useful tool. I completely echo the shock that the Braptor does not have even the option.

As for your particular install, where did you source the bracket to replace the OEM mirror instead of clamping over? I really like the clean look and want to follow your idea.

OP
P

pk9394

Mar 18, 2024
Gallery
NY
Current Ride
Bronco Raptor
I've got my 900G shipping as we speak and can't wait for the install. I had the digital rearview on my TRX level 2 and it was such a useful tool. I completely echo the shock that the Braptor does not have even the option.

As for your particular install, where did you source the bracket to replace the OEM mirror instead of clamping over? I really like the clean look and want to follow your idea.
I order the 900G along with the new bracket from wolfbox directy. they are $20. perfect fitment. yesterday, I drove 400+ miles road trip with about 250+ miles ride with ACC , and I have no error code or lights with the auto dimm unplug. clearly that power cord is not working with ACC.

Top Member Reactions