Feb 19, 2023
NJ
Current Ride
2004 Dodge 2500 Cummings
Current Ride #2
2015 Jeep Rubicon JK
First Responder
(retired)
I'm doing my research while I wait for my Raptor & I'm trying to find a clean way to carry extra fuel. I found this company that makes 12 gallion fuel tank that mounts between the spare tire & the tire carrier. I'm aware of the dangers of added weight on the tailgate but I believe Ford "beefed-up" the Raptors tailgate due to the 37's. Does anyone have ant experience w/ this system? Like I said to me it looks very clean & I believe you can fill your tank w/out having to remove it from the tire.....so as a vertically challenged fellow w/ a bad back this is another score in the win column ;)
Thanks,
PS my first time trying to post a topic, hopefully I got it right, if not mods please feel free to fix what I did wrong (y)

TITAN Trail Trekker II™ Tank for Vehicles with 6 Stud Wheels (4040387)​

Liquid Transfer Tank for Jeeps, Trucks & SUVs
NEW & IMPROVED
12 Gallon Trail Trekker II™ Tank
Fits vehicles with 6 stud wheels (6 studs x 5 ½” patterns)

Last edited by a moderator:

TurboS

Staff member
Founding Member
Feb 24, 2022
Gallery
Michigan
Current Ride
2022 Bronco Raptor
I'm doing my research while I wait for my Raptor & I'm trying to find a clean way to carry extra fuel. I found this company that makes 12 gallion fuel tank that mounts between the spare tire & the tire carrier. I'm aware of the dangers of added weight on the tailgate but I believe Ford "beefed-up" the Raptors tailgate due to the 37's. Does anyone have ant experience w/ this system? Like I said to me it looks very clean & I believe you can fill your tank w/out having to remove it from the tire.....so as a vertically challenged fellow w/ a bad back this is another score in the win column ;)
Thanks,
PS my first time trying to post a topic, hopefully I got it right, if not mods please feel free to fix what I did wrong (y)

NEW & IMPROVED
I would really be concerned with adding an additional 100 lbs to our tailgate, that would be like 2 of our OEM spare tires.
Ideally, I would like to see a auxiliary fuel tank developed for our Bronco Raptors. There is a considerable amount of empty space between to rear cargo floor and above the hitch braces for a low profile tank with maybe 6-10 gallons capacity. It would need to have it's own skid plate, but maybe this isn't feasible for off-road and from a value standpoint.

I like the Metal-Tech 4x4 rear bumper with the tire rack & gas tanks mounted to a separate swing arm, thereby relieving the tailgate of weight load duties. Mark @Metal-tech 4x4 is expecting his Bronco Raptor in the near future, maybe he'll be trying a test fitment.

OP
GLOCK10MM

GLOCK10MM

Feb 19, 2023
NJ
Current Ride
2004 Dodge 2500 Cummings
Current Ride #2
2015 Jeep Rubicon JK
First Responder
(retired)
Turbo I totally agree on the bumper & I kinda figure this was too good to be true. 🍻

Feb 7, 2023
Gallery
wi
Current Ride
22 Braptor
Current Ride #2
12' Raptor
I would really be concerned with adding an additional 100 lbs to our tailgate, that would be like 2 of our OEM spare tires.
Ideally, I would like to see a auxiliary fuel tank developed for our Bronco Raptors. There is a considerable amount of empty space between to rear cargo floor and above the hitch braces for a low profile tank with maybe 6-10 gallons capacity. It would need to have it's own skid plate, but maybe this isn't feasible for off-road and from a value standpoint.

I like the Metal-Tech 4x4 rear bumper with the tire rack & gas tanks mounted to a separate swing arm, thereby relieving the tailgate of weight load duties. Mark @Metal-tech 4x4 is expecting his Bronco Raptor in the near future, maybe he'll be trying a test fitment.
I like what their thinking here, I would keep the factory mount and just keep the swing hinge for the spare can on the left.....
BTW, notice in the pictures the fender is damaged.....

Jgittere

Dec 21, 2023
NV
Current Ride
2023 Bronco Raptor
Current Ride #2
2019 BMW X3 m40i
Thanks,

NEW & IMPROVED
Did you get this tank? If so, thoughts?

I agree about the weight. I really like this option…..would only filling to 5 gallons make sense? I just want to carry extra fuel without a rack, or on the spare tire itself. I also don’t plan to get a different rear bumper. There just are not a lot of options for the Raptor.

Top Member Reactions