100 Miles- Fuel Gauge Failure and Missing Retainer Clips

BigP

Founding Member
🏆 BR of the Month 🏆
Sep 21, 2022
Gallery
Current Ride
2022 Braptor
With about 100 miles on my Braptor I noticed that the fuel gage was jumping around and wouldnt go over 1/2 a tank. (with a full tank of gas). Then the gauge started moving up and down randomly. My ford dealer/service department got on it right away and diagnosed the problem as a bad instrament cluster. Parts are scarce so no telling how long until a new unit arrives. Also, when I picked up the vehcile I noted that 8 Fender Liner Retainers Clips were missing from the passenger wheel well area. My dealer has seen this on several Bronco deliveries. So, when you pick up your vechicle take a few minutes to carefully inspect the wheel wells- these are easy to miss.

Attachments

• cluster.jpg
    cluster.jpg
    130.4 KB · Views: 73
  • fender.jpg
    fender.jpg
    10.4 KB · Views: 50
  • IMG_77106837.MOV
    17.3 MB
  • braptor.jpg
    braptor.jpg
    490.2 KB · Views: 57
Sorry for the bad luck, fortunately sounds like you have a reputable dealer to resolve problems. Good advice on the fasteners & Thank you for posting, I'm going to look under mine today.

Sorry to hear about the gauge cluster! Hopefully, they can expedite a new one. Thanks for the heads-up on the fasteners, I will make sure to check mine when it comes in!

Back