2024 Jeep Wrangler 392 vs Ford Bronco Raptor - After Off-Roading Both, This Is The One I Would Buy! - By TFLoffroad

Roughstock

Jul 1, 2023
Gallery
Arizona
Military
ex Army
Current Ride
2023 Shadow Black Raptor
Current Ride #2
2023 BMW GS 1250 Adventure
"Roman compares the 2024 Jeep Wrangler 392 to the Ford Bronco Raptor in this video to find out which is really best!"

I saw this the other day. I got bored forwarded it to the end and he copped out and said he wouldn't get either. Just my take on it.

OP
TurboS

TurboS

Staff member
Founding Member
Feb 24, 2022
Gallery
Michigan
Current Ride
2022 Bronco Raptor
I saw this the other day. I got bored forwarded it to the end and he copped out and said he wouldn't get either. Just my take on it.
Hmm, the 2024 Rubicon Extreme 392 was an early preview loaner from Jeep, given that condition, he couldn't pick the Bronco Raptor and I'm surprised he didn't side 100% with the 392. When he reviewed the Bronco Raptor a year ago he wanted to buy one and it won't surprise me if he does in the near future. After all, he absolutely loves his Raptor R, and his previous Raptor was one of his favorites.

Roughstock

Jul 1, 2023
Gallery
Arizona
Military
ex Army
Current Ride
2023 Shadow Black Raptor
Current Ride #2
Hmm, the 2024 Rubicon Extreme 392 was an early preview loaner from Jeep, given that condition, he couldn't pick the Bronco Raptor and I'm surprised he didn't side 100% with the 392. When he reviewed the Bronco Raptor a year ago he wanted to buy one and it won't surprise me if he does in the near future. After all, he absolutely loves his Raptor R, and his previous Raptor was one of his favorites.
It makes a lot more sense now and good to know his history with the Raptor! Maybe I will give it another chance.

Ironmike

Founding Member
Feb 17, 2022
Gallery
California
Current Ride
2022 Bronco Raptor
Current Ride #2
2021 Rubicon JLU
I’m always leery of dudes that can’t get their facts straight. How can you trust their opinions when they don’t pay attention to reality?!?

DallasCajun

Jan 6, 2023
Gallery
Dallas
Current Ride
23 Ford Bronco Raptor
Big Surprise: TFL compares 2 vehicles and promises a perspective then bails on the topic.

My quick summary of the video is:

BRaptor:
  • Better ride comfort
  • More comfortable seating
  • Too Wide for the trail being used
  • Exhaust Sound not as inspiring
392:
  • Same Jeep ride as other JLUs
  • Seats still suck, even if they are electric w/ bolster
  • Engine/Exhaust is fun to play with

When I had my JLU 4xe I found myself watching a lot of the TFL content as it appeared interesting. But after a while I came to the conclusion that they really aren't journalists in any fashion but rather just another Social Media feed looking for clicks. My basis is that in EVERY video they missed so many basic facts about the vehicle(s) that they were testing. Cylinder Count, Tire/Wheel Sizes, Suspension Features and more. I get that they do a lot of material across different vehicle segments but that just means that the quality of the information is secondary to the quantity of content. I eventually just blocked their videos from my YT feed as it just isn't very useful or interesting (to me) anymore.

With all that said...we know he has a sweet spot for the F150 Raptor as well as the BRaptor and might lean towards the BRaptor if not wanting to keep his Jeep connections happy for future access to their vehicles. The new '24 392 is cool but no way I'd take one of those over a BRaptor.

Roughstock

Jul 1, 2023
Gallery
Arizona
Military
ex Army
Current Ride
2023 Shadow Black Raptor
Current Ride #2
Big Surprise: TFL compares 2 vehicles and promises a perspective then bails on the topic.

My quick summary of the video is:

BRaptor:
  • Better ride comfort
  • More comfortable seating
  • Too Wide for the trail being used
  • Exhaust Sound not as inspiring
392:
  • Same Jeep ride as other JLUs
  • Seats still suck, even if they are electric w/ bolster
  • Engine/Exhaust is fun to play with

When I had my JLU 4xe I found myself watching a lot of the TFL content as it appeared interesting. But after a while I came to the conclusion that they really aren't journalists in any fashion but rather just another Social Media feed looking for clicks. My basis is that in EVERY video they missed so many basic facts about the vehicle(s) that they were testing. Cylinder Count, Tire/Wheel Sizes, Suspension Features and more. I get that they do a lot of material across different vehicle segments but that just means that the quality of the information is secondary to the quantity of content. I eventually just blocked their videos from my YT feed as it just isn't very useful or interesting (to me) anymore.

With all that said...we know he has a sweet spot for the F150 Raptor as well as the BRaptor and might lean towards the BRaptor if not wanting to keep his Jeep connections happy for future access to their vehicles. The new '24 392 is cool but no way I'd take one of those over a BRaptor.
Nice summary and review. I know it was late when I was watching this but after some good content I felt as you articulated above, it seemed like fluff. Then I forwarded it to the end and was even more impressed. As @TurboS said above, it is surprising he didn't go with the 392 based on his access.

Power is something most of us like and agree the 392 is cool but I am totally sold on the BRaptor even though I haven't driven one yet. I have had machines with too much power as well. The BMW s1000RR super bike (200HP) was great but it was too powerful for the street. One of the strange things was the sensation of speed. At hiway speed the bike just sat there in 3rd gear with low RPM saying to me aren't you going to ride me? I also had the BMW K1600 (160 HP) and at the same speed the sensation was more balanced and enjoyable for my style of riding.

From what I see the BRaptor is a much better machine than the 392 especially as I do enjoy the Baja style of driving along with rocks and street.

Last edited:

Gibby1392

Apr 16, 2023
Gallery
Washington
Military
US Navy
Current Ride
2023 Bronco Raptor
Current Ride #2
2019 Dodge Charger Scatpack
I think one of the best videos to watch is the one by Litebrite when comparing their Braptor to a 392. Even though the Jeep 392 they compared it to was their Demon Child I still think it’s a pretty Bas @ss review.

Top Member Reactions