3.0L Oil Pan

SteelBronco

Founding Member
Oct 24, 2021
Gallery
Western Maryland
Current Ride
Bronco
Is anyone else hoping that a manufacturer decides that a plastic oil pan just isn't up to standards of a "Ford Performance" vehicle!!!
I for one am hope there's an aluminum oil pan in the not to distant future.

TurboS

Staff member
Founding Member
Feb 24, 2022
Gallery
Michigan
Current Ride
2022 Bronco Raptor
Initially I thought the same when I seen mine. However, you can barely see the oil pan when the bash plate and skid plates are in place. From looking at mine, it appears, if that oil pan gets damaged from debris, the damage will be quite extensive and you won't be driving anywhere anyways. Also, I haven't seen any tests, but I'm guessing that plastic (composite) oil pan may be more rugged than a Aluminum unit. I would be more concerned with exposing the lower end of a new engine in a oil pan swap that ever puncturing it.

OP
SteelBronco

SteelBronco

Founding Member
Oct 24, 2021
Gallery
Western Maryland
Current Ride
Bronco
I don't know, I would still opt for replacing with an aluminum pan if it becomes available. The oil drain plug in the "composite" pan, is mediocre at best. We'll all see how long the seal lasts???
I mean what's next, valve pan covers?

TurboS

Staff member
Founding Member
Feb 24, 2022
Gallery
Michigan
Current Ride
2022 Bronco Raptor
I don't know, I would still opt for replacing with an aluminum pan if it becomes available. The oil drain plug in the "composite" pan, is mediocre at best. We'll all see how long the seal lasts???
I mean what's next, valve pan covers?
I have this UPR drain plug to replace the stock yellow plug on the first oil change. It's handy on high vehicles to simply attach a plastic drain hose to drain into a disposable oil container.

OP
SteelBronco

SteelBronco

Founding Member
Oct 24, 2021
Gallery
Western Maryland
Current Ride
Bronco
I have this UPR drain plug to replace the stock yellow plug on the first oil change. It's handy on high vehicles to simply attach a plastic drain hose to drain into a disposable oil container.
Yes, I did look at these. I am pretty sure my wife ordered one for a Christmas present the day I told her about them. So I'm happy about that!! 😁
She's all in on the Bronco Raptor also and that makes it so sweet!!!!

Top Member Reactions