🏆 BR of the Month 🏆
Jan 9, 2023
Gallery
Bay Area
Current Ride
Bronco Raptor
Current Ride #2
Porsche GT3
Anyone have any leads on where to find 39x13.5x17 KO2's in stock? Tire rack is back ordered until at least 3/24 (and that is just a guess from them), America's Tire has no stock or ETA after checking with the manufacturer, Big-O has no stock or ETA, Costco has no stock or ETA, and several 4x4 performance shops I have checked with also have no inventory or ETA.

TurboS

Staff member
Founding Member
Feb 24, 2022
Gallery
Michigan
Current Ride
2022 Bronco Raptor
Discount Tire also showing on backorder, however I have called my local Discount tire store before and they did a nationwide search and could pull 4 together from different locations. I'm suspecting production was stopped as the new All-Terrain KO3 should be released soon. Anyone seen any announcements on KO3 or inside info?

OP
Tye

Tye

🏆 BR of the Month 🏆
Jan 9, 2023
Gallery
Bay Area
Current Ride
Bronco Raptor
Current Ride #2
Porsche GT3
From Discount/America Tires

The rumors appear to be just that, rumors. From what I'm understanding internally, the KO3 has no official launch date at this time.

I called my guy at Discount/America Tires to see if they could pull 4 or 5 from various locations, and he has not been able to find them yet.

OP
Tye

Tye

🏆 BR of the Month 🏆
Jan 9, 2023
Gallery
Bay Area
Current Ride
Bronco Raptor
Current Ride #2
Porsche GT3
Update, and not good news for those of us looking for 39s

I had my buddy at Discount/America Tire run a nationwide check.

I checked all our nation wide stores and no stock is available. For good measure I reached out to BFG directly, and they to are sold out. The CSR I spoke with said they do not have a planned production date for replacement 39x13.50R-17 KO2 inventory, which unfortunately means no ETA. I also checked secondary suppliers and same result, no stock available - my apologies for the less than favorable news!

FWIW, I looked into what is available in this size, and see limited stock available for the KM3.

I also called tire rack directly today, and they told me their 3/24/23 estimate on their website is not real and it will be delayed as they were told the same thing by BFG.

TurboS

Staff member
Founding Member
Feb 24, 2022
Gallery
Michigan
Current Ride
2022 Bronco Raptor
Update, and not good news for those of us looking for 39s

I had my buddy at Discount/America Tire run a nationwide check.

I checked all our nation wide stores and no stock is available. For good measure I reached out to BFG directly, and they to are sold out. The CSR I spoke with said they do not have a planned production date for replacement 39x13.50R-17 KO2 inventory, which unfortunately means no ETA. I also checked secondary suppliers and same result, no stock available - my apologies for the less than favorable news!

FWIW, I looked into what is available in this size, and see limited stock available for the KM3.

I also called tire rack directly today, and they told me their 3/24/23 estimate on their website is not real and it will be delayed as they were told the same thing by BFG.
We know K03's are planned based on the GM truck AT4 offering, so on the positive side, we can look forward to a newer improved tire over the K02's... someday

OP
Tye

Tye

🏆 BR of the Month 🏆
Jan 9, 2023
Gallery
Bay Area
Current Ride
Bronco Raptor
Current Ride #2
Porsche GT3
Yep, someday.

So the decision now is what comes with going to a 40" (considering Baja Boss M/T)
- will a re-gear be needed
- will it cause significant strain on the axles with that much additional weight of the tire (even if a lighter wheel is used to offset total weight)
- will a MT tire instead of an AT tire be horrendous when Im in Tahoe snow (fwiw KO2 did well)
- how will the MT tire handle on the pavement and a wet road

TurboS

Staff member
Founding Member
Feb 24, 2022
Gallery
Michigan
Current Ride
2022 Bronco Raptor
Yep, someday.

So the decision now is what comes with going to a 40" (considering Baja Boss M/T)
- will a re-gear be needed
- will it cause significant strain on the axles with that much additional weight of the tire (even if a lighter wheel is used to offset total weight)
- will a MT tire instead of an AT tire be horrendous when Im in Tahoe snow (fwiw KO2 did well)
- how will the MT tire handle on the pavement and a wet road
Ohhh this Baja Boss M/T is a killer looking tire! IMO looks much better than the K02's. I love this subject along with wheels so appologies in advance for possibly providing info your already well aware of.
Baja Boss M/T

Gaining 22 lbs but as you said could be offset some with lighter wheels. The extra weight could have slight effect on shock tuning, maybe noticeable in high speed baja running. The extra diameter may add extra stress on steering rack housing but can be mitigated by being cautious with tire side loads and when rock crawling. Unless you plan to baja race, I would expect the axles to be fine with the larger diameter and weight. My experience when changing tire diameters it's helpful to have a tuner that adjusts for tire size, thereby modifying trans shifting.
Tire tread sipes are very important in the snow as you want the tire to hold the snow as snow sticks to snow better that rubber to snow. Mud is just the opposite so mud terrain tires are designed to clean the mud out of the tread.
This snow wheeling video may help if you haven't already watched.
This steering rack comparison video has some good advice.
Lethal Performance Bronco Raptor's tire/wheel package may actually be heavier, you could ask if they notice much difference however Florida roads are usually quite smooth. I does appear it had a negative effect on acceleration as expected.
On my F350 diesel I went from OEM 34" to KO2 36" tires, I have it tuned and changed the tire diameter in the tuner. I only use it to pull my 12k lb boat and seems to be just fine, it was slow before and it's still slow, lol. Fuel mileage about the same but it Looks much better!

OP
Tye

Tye

🏆 BR of the Month 🏆
Jan 9, 2023
Gallery
Bay Area
Current Ride
Bronco Raptor
Current Ride #2
Porsche GT3
Here is how 40s look - 3" Rpg collars all around and Maxxis tires

Attachments

• A681BA86-184B-4F67-B4D3-53FE75F76C7D.jpeg
    A681BA86-184B-4F67-B4D3-53FE75F76C7D.jpeg
    257 KB · Views: 46
Last edited:
OP
Tye

Tye

🏆 BR of the Month 🏆
Jan 9, 2023
Gallery
Bay Area
Current Ride
Bronco Raptor
Current Ride #2
Porsche GT3
Ideally want to run an AT instead of a MT tire, especially since I frequent the snow a lot in Tahoe and having the 3 peak rating is a plus to not have to run chains in Tahoe when they have road control set up.

Dragoon

Administrator
Staff member
Founding Member
Sep 16, 2021
Gallery
FBG TX
Current Ride
2023 Bronco Raptor
Current Ride #2
2022 Ram TRX
Ideally want to run an AT instead of a MT tire, especially since I frequent the snow a lot in Tahoe and having the 3 peak rating is a plus to not have to run chains in Tahoe when they have road control set up.
That makes sense. What other AT tire have you been considering?

OP
Tye

Tye

🏆 BR of the Month 🏆
Jan 9, 2023
Gallery
Bay Area
Current Ride
Bronco Raptor
Current Ride #2
Porsche GT3
That makes sense. What other AT tire have you been considering?
The KO2 seems to be the only 39. I reached out to Mickey Thompson but unfortunately they dont have plans to offer the baja boss AT in 39 at this time. I know some 38s arent much smaller than the ko2 39, but I want a 39.

Top Member Reactions