supersix

Go for Launch!
Founding Member
Sep 16, 2021
Gallery
U-S-A
Current Ride
2021 Bronco FE
I was really impressed with the design of the Bronco Raptor hood and hood vents but then I ran across a photo of a Bronco with the ADV Ram Air Hood. This thing is beefy looking! It sure seems like it would be functional as well.

bronco-adv-ram-air-hood.jpg

vs

bronco-raptor-stock-hood.jpg

TurboS

Staff member
Founding Member
Feb 24, 2022
Gallery
Michigan
Current Ride
2022 Bronco Raptor
Prior to Raptor heat extracting hood the ADV ram air was and still is my favority for a non-Raptor Bronco. However I haven't seen anything where the ADV ram air is functional. The Jeep 392 ram air hood is functional, however it also has a rather complicated channeling of air to separate the water from entering in a nose dive through water. I think the Raptor heat extracting hood is a better performance enhancement over a ram-air.

luterdan

Founding Member
Mar 8, 2022
Gallery
Jacksonville, FL
Prior to Raptor heat extracting hood the ADV ram air was and still is my favority for a non-Raptor Bronco. However I haven't seen anything where the ADV ram air is functional. The Jeep 392 ram air hood is functional, however it also has a rather complicated channeling of air to separate the water from entering in a nose dive through water. I think the Raptor heat extracting hood is a better performance enhancement over a ram-air.
There was a video showing the ram air in the raptor. Only concern is ram air can scoop dust and water. The video was one of those 20 min raptor walk sounds “at an undisclosed location”. It’s the one on the gauge cluster.

CVSJR

Founding Member
Feb 5, 2022
Gallery
Freehold NJ
The Bronco Raptor hood is a heat extractor, as are the fender vents. It's turbocharged, ram air is more functional for naturally aspirated engines.

Losy

Founding Member
Apr 9, 2022
Gallery
Long Beach, CA
ADV is coming out with a wide body kit for the BRaptor I have been told by my local off road shop. So for those of you who don’t car for the BRaptor fenders, there will be options.

luterdan

Founding Member
Mar 8, 2022
Gallery
Jacksonville, FL
ADV is coming out with a wide body kit for the BRaptor I have been told by my local off road shop. So for those of you who don’t car for the BRaptor fenders, there will be options.
I watched thrir video on the fender and hood for the bronco (non raptor). That's a lot of work to replace them. It's not really plug and play. It's more than I want to do. I think I'd rather wait for someone the just come out with a nicer one that you just twist 5 nuts

Losy

Founding Member
Apr 9, 2022
Gallery
Long Beach, CA
I watched thrir video on the fender and hood for the bronco (non raptor). That's a lot of work to replace them. It's not really plug and play. It's more than I want to do. I think I'd rather wait for someone the just come out with a nicer one that you just twist 5 nuts
i am good with the stock hood, but yeah if you are adding fenders i would hand it over to a body shop.

Top Member Reactions