Any idea how to solve this "Order Problem"

djc007x

Founding Member
Apr 21, 2022
Gallery
Washington, DC
1.Ordered a Bronco Raptor in March (Dealer forced me to sign a 30 over MSRP) buyers order

2.Received VIN and Window Sticker today

3.Was told that the policy on a Customer Specific order should be at MSRP, but the dealer essentially said we will not place your order unless you sign this.

Is there anyone I can contact at Ford?

Tantz

Founding Member
Jul 11, 2022
dc
Current Ride
Bronco
Nothing you can do about it. The dealer has the discretion to sell the vehicle at market value and, in this case, 30K DM is market value. Rest assured, that if you don't buy it with the 30DM, someone else will and they know that. If it makes you feel any better, I'm paying 30k DM as well

JohnGalt

Founding Member
🏆 BR of the Month 🏆
May 25, 2022
Gallery
Sacramento/Tahoe
Current Ride
2022 Bronco Raptor
Current Ride #2
2023 Land Rover Defender 110
1.Ordered a Bronco Raptor in March (Dealer forced me to sign a 30 over MSRP) buyers order

2.Received VIN and Window Sticker today

3.Was told that the policy on a Customer Specific order should be at MSRP, but the dealer essentially said we will not place your order unless you sign this.

Is there anyone I can contact at Ford?
Not clear from your post if you were a Golden Ticket holder. If so, I believe Ford policy was that Dealer SHOULD sell to you at MSRP. But Ford can’t force a dealer on pricing directly. You may be able to apply pressure in this case to get a better outcome. Plenty of threads on 6g related to this

If you’re not a GT holder and you used a dealer allocation for your order, you’re completely subject to the dealers pricing as you agreed.

All the dealers in my area of California were asking $40-50k in March for their allocations. Not sure what they eventually settled for. Probably half that.

Tantz

Founding Member
Jul 11, 2022
dc
Current Ride
Bronco
Not clear from your post if you were a Golden Ticket holder. If so, I believe Ford policy was that Dealer SHOULD sell to you at MSRP. But Ford can’t force a dealer on pricing directly. You may be able to apply pressure in this case to get a better outcome. Plenty of threads on 6g related to this

If you’re not a GT holder and you used a dealer allocation for your order, you’re completely subject to the dealers pricing as you agreed.

All the dealers in my area of California were asking $40-50k in March for their allocations. Not sure what they eventually settled for. Probably half that.
Sorry about that. I am NOT a GT holder

Panhead

Founding Member
Mar 28, 2022
Gallery
USA
No disrespect intended……..if you let the dealer FORCE you to sign something you didn’t want to sign……that’s on you brother.

OP
D

djc007x

Founding Member
Apr 21, 2022
Gallery
Washington, DC
No disrespect intended……..if you let the dealer FORCE you to sign something you didn’t want to sign……that’s on you brother.
Indeed, there's a method to the madness and unfair business practices that go against Ford Policy.. (Which nobody cares about) It made more sense to sign under duress than to walk away from the allocation.. Don't you agree?!

Panhead

Founding Member
Mar 28, 2022
Gallery
USA
Indeed, there's a method to the madness and unfair business practices that go against Ford Policy.. (Which nobody cares about) It made more sense to sign under duress than to walk away from the allocation.. Don't you agree?!
Not sure I do. Kinda sounds like buyers remorse from a price perspective which I absolutely understand. What cracks me up is that so many folks are bitching about dealers “taking advantage” of them….then I see it posted for like 50K over…..Me thinks it sounds like sour grapes because the dealer got theirs first. I am confident that you can sell it at a profit if you would like. Me, I’m gonna put this thing through some chit and enjoy every minute of it and forget what I paid for mine. Enjoy this amazing machine.

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions