Anybody knows the track width of the upcoming Bronco Raptor?

casper

Founding Member
Oct 21, 2021
San Jose, California
The one thing that may sway me away from purchasing this vehicle when it becomes available is the external dimension particularly the width. From the prototype photos, it looks like it's going to be as wide as gen 3 F-150 raptor which is about 86 inches without mirrors (which is close to tire outer edge to outer edge length). This is going to be a lot to handle in tight trails where you need to squeeze in between boulders and trees. I'm not a rock crawler guy but I found myself in multiple occasions dealing with such obstacles.

Dragoon

Administrator
Staff member
Founding Member
Sep 16, 2021
Gallery
FBG TX
Current Ride
2023 Bronco Raptor
Current Ride #2
2022 Ram TRX
All I have heard is that it will have a wider stance than the current Sasquatch package. I'm hoping it's just the additional width from the Bronco Raptors LT315/70R17 BFGoodrich All-Terrain T/A KO2 tires on wider wheels than the current 17x8.5 Sasquatch wheels. The manufacturer specs on both the 37-inch BFG's and the 35-inch Goodyear's say the section width of each tire measured on a 9.5-inch wheel is the same at 12.70 inches. The Sasquatch wheel is an 8.5-inch wide wheel and when I measure it with a tape measure I get a 12-inch width from outside to outside of the tire.

I pulled up the 37-inch wheel and tire specs on the new F-150 Raptor and it looks like even the larger 37-inch tires on the Raptor stay with the same 17x8.5 wheel. I would have to assume that if the F-150 Raptor 37s keep the same width rim as the 35s then the new Bronco Raptor will follow suit.

Screen Shot 2021-10-22 at 6.36.15 AM.png

So if the F-150 Raptor keeps the same wheels for both tire sizes then I would also assume that the offset would remain the same. If that's the case, then I'm not sure where the extra 0.3-inches of track width comes from between the two tire sizes.

Screen Shot 2021-10-22 at 6.40.18 AM.png

OP
C

casper

Founding Member
Oct 21, 2021
San Jose, California
@Dragoon, I hope so too but I feel additional width would come from longer upper & lower control arms to give longer suspension travel. I'd be happy to see if the width falls around 83 or less. I have an F150 today which has a width of about 79 inches without mirrors. It's so difficult already to manage in the trails (from width standpoint) and even in city parking.

Top Member Reactions