Anyone tried to modify a factory soft top to work on a raptor?

Solo

Nov 20, 2022
Greenbottom, WV
Military
US Army (ret)
Current Ride
01 lightning, 77 Bronco
Current Ride #2
08 King Ranch F150, 16 Wrangler
Just as the title says.

Anyone have any input. The bestop trektop is a no go. It is a permanent replace t. Lots of brackets and seals that neet to be stuck on. No way to put the hardtop back on if you want. So im thinkin with a little modification to the top bracketry, the factory top will work. Any thoughts?

Just as caution, the Raptor specific additional B and C Pillar braces are to Not be removed or modified including the outside plastic trim on the braces according to the owners manual.

Yep. Got it. Was talkin about modifying the soft top brackets to fit around what is there already.

Just as caution, the Raptor specific additional B and C Pillar braces are to Not be removed or modified including the outside plastic trim on the braces according to the owners manual.
Whoops. I took the two bolts out of mine on the driver side rear bracket and mounted a fire extinguisher. I did put them right back where they were, but with dealerships these days you never know. Ha.

Whoops. I took the two bolts out of mine on the driver side rear bracket and mounted a fire extinguisher. I did put them right back where they were, but with dealerships these days you never know. Ha.
Those braces are doing a lot of work to stiffen the body by 50%, there is probably a torque spec on them that's not available to us yet.

Back