BRONCO BATTLE: Ford Bronco Raptor vs Hennessey VelociRaptor 400 Side-by-Side Comparison! - By Hennessey Performance

TurboS

Staff member
Founding Member
Feb 24, 2022
Gallery
Michigan
Current Ride
2022 Bronco Raptor
"Ford's 3.0L Bronco Raptor, designed to best the standard Bronco in looks and performance, can be difficult and expensive to acquire. How else does a Bronco fan level up? Enter Hennessey's VelociRaptor 400 performance upgrade for all 2.7L trim variants of Ford Bronco. Upping the power and street presence of a standard stock Bronco, the big question is- does it beat a Bronco Raptor?"

"Ford's 3.0L Bronco Raptor, designed to best the standard Bronco in looks and performance, can be difficult and expensive to acquire. How else does a Bronco fan level up? Enter Hennessey's VelociRaptor 400 performance upgrade for all 2.7L trim variants of Ford Bronco. Upping the power and street presence of a standard stock Bronco, the big question is- does it beat a Bronco Raptor?"

What is the weight difference?

What is the weight difference?
A Bronco 4dr Wildtrak weights approximately 4933 lbs, Raptor approx 5733, so difference of 800 lbs plus 37" tires.
I was very surprised the VelociRaptor 400 was only a car length ahead considering 800 lbs lighter, - 18 hp but + 60 ft-lbs torque, and lower gearing with the 35" tires. With Torque being the primary factor in acceleration, especially with a heavy vehicle, I was expecting 3-4 car lengths to the VelociRaptor 400.

Race 2 compared to the Race 1, appears very suspicious that Alec may have backed off early with the Raptor. Race 3, off-road, was very close & we don't know if the Raptor was put into Baja mode.

This was an advertisement for the Hennessey VelociRaptor 400, they weren't going to let the Raptor win. We all know there is A LOT more to the story then straight line acceleration.

Yeah to me clearly Hennessey is just trying to sell their product. Hennessey must feel the average individual will overlook some major differences. The vehicle weight, tire size, and even their own predilection of their product should somehow choose to be ignored. Now I realize I may be a little obtuse....but I'm not addlebrained.

You can refine the "Bronco" all you want but the Bronco Raptor is in a complete different class..... In my opinion.

Disclaimer** No Bronco's or Bronco Raptor's were hurt during the making of this post.

Yeah to me clearly Hennessey is just trying to sell their product. Hennessey must feel the average individual will overlook some major differences. The vehicle weight, tire size, and even their own predilection of their product should somehow choose to be ignored. Now I realize I may be a little obtuse....but I'm not addlebrained.

You can refine the "Bronco" all you want but the Bronco Raptor is in a complete different class..... In my opinion.

Disclaimer** No Bronco's or Bronco Raptor's were hurt during the making of this post.
But how do we know that no broncos were not harmed?

I agree. It looks like he backed off the throttle in the Braptor. Not to mention they say the regular one is in sport mode and they don’t even mention what mode the Braptor is in. Let’s just say it actually lost. I could easily just add a JB4, toss in some 93, click on map 3, and for a few hundred bucks you could smoke the regular bronco with almost $33k worth of supposed upgrades. Based on what the Hennessey package costs I could probably even do a V8 swap in the Braptor. Ha. There is a guy who works in the office next to mine who the truck version of this Hennessy. It looks and sounds good, but I’m not sure if it is worth that kind of money.

Back