🏆 BR of the Month 🏆
May 25, 2022
Gallery
Sacramento/Tahoe
Current Ride
2022 Bronco Raptor
Current Ride #2
2023 Land Rover Defender 110
Not surprising here in NorCal, Dealers we’re asking $40-50k over in March. Auctions by customers of undelivered orders since have yielded similar markups. With Bronco Raptors hitting the lots, and a very limited number of unsold allocations they’d be leaving money on the table asking less than that as insane as that may seem.

TurboS

Staff member
Founding Member
Feb 24, 2022
Gallery
Michigan
Current Ride
2022 Bronco Raptor
I recently spoke to a dealer, and they told me 9/10 allocations were sold for 50k over MSRP..... Is this INSANE or What? (yes, I have proof of the call)
I would look for a different dealer or salesperson , Not a factual statement.

JohnGalt

Founding Member
🏆 BR of the Month 🏆
May 25, 2022
Gallery
Sacramento/Tahoe
Current Ride
2022 Bronco Raptor
Current Ride #2
I would look for a different dealer or salesperson , Not a factual statement.
I missed the nine tenths part!

9/10s sold at $50k (even excluding GTs) has to be very exaggerated. That dealer (depending on location like LA) may have got that for their allocations, but not across the board for all dealers. No way.

But for the few unsold allocations that are actually scheduled/built still left out there, I’ll bet they’re asking and getting close to $50k. Doing otherwise is just putting money in the customers pocket.

I wouldn’t want to be shopping for a 2022 Braptor right now.

JohnGalt

Founding Member
🏆 BR of the Month 🏆
May 25, 2022
Gallery
Sacramento/Tahoe
Current Ride
2022 Bronco Raptor
Current Ride #2
Another dealer in WV is selling at 50k over MSRP.. I have the VOICE Note
I think you’re preaching to the choir here. If you want to buy a 2022 there are very limited in-sold dealer allocations that are actually scheduled to be built, those are probably going to go for $40-50k over. If you had a Golden Ticket, you probably could have your Raptor for MSRP or slightly over, most of the folks on this forum fall in that category.

but if you’re interested in waiting for 2023 and your Scottsdale dealer says $50k or get bent, try another dealer (as suggested above), try lots of them and you MAY be able to get one at MSRP, but more likely you’ll go on a long waiting list for an MSRP Bronco Raptor at this point. But you’ll also likely find that some dealer will be willing to agree to sell you a 2023 allocation for something well below $50k over. But no dealer actually knows what their 2023 allocation is going to be, so that’s a crapshoot too.

so…yes, 2022s (very limited number available) are asking/selling for $50k over now, but lots didn’t (including mine) and a large number (50%?) went/going at MSRP (largely to GT holders anecdotally). 2023 is a crap shoot at this point, you should be able to buy well under $50k, but MSRP will be tough (IMHO).

Insane? Sure, but there are many more buyers willing to pay over MSRP than Raptors available to sell at the moment. So let’s call it capitalism, love it or hate it.

MooseBacon

Founding Member
Jul 7, 2022
Maine
I think you’re preaching to the choir here. If you want to buy a 2022 there are very limited in-sold dealer allocations that are actually scheduled to be built, those are probably going to go for $40-50k over. If you had a Golden Ticket, you probably could have your Raptor for MSRP or slightly over, most of the folks on this forum fall in that category.

but if you’re interested in waiting for 2023 and your Scottsdale dealer says $50k or get bent, try another dealer (as suggested above), try lots of them and you MAY be able to get one at MSRP, but more likely you’ll go on a long waiting list for an MSRP Bronco Raptor at this point. But you’ll also likely find that some dealer will be willing to agree to sell you a 2023 allocation for something well below $50k over. But no dealer actually knows what their 2023 allocation is going to be, so that’s a crapshoot too.

so…yes, 2022s (very limited number available) are asking/selling for $50k over now, but lots didn’t (including mine) and a large number (50%?) went/going at MSRP (largely to GT holders anecdotally). 2023 is a crap shoot at this point, you should be able to buy well under $50k, but MSRP will be tough (IMHO).

Insane? Sure, but there are many more buyers willing to pay over MSRP than Raptors available to sell at the moment. So let’s call it capitalism, love it or hate it.
Isn't Ford not accepting new '23 orders? I thought they had come out and said the '23 model year would only be for people currently waiting and no new orders would be taken.

Cupholders

Founding Member
Mar 10, 2022
Gallery
Mass
Military
Army & Air National Guard
Current Ride
Jeep Rubicon
Isn't Ford not accepting new '23 orders? I thought they had come out and said the '23 model year would only be for people currently waiting and no new orders would be taken.
Initially no new orders taken, but they will be taken once they start catching up

JohnGalt

Founding Member
🏆 BR of the Month 🏆
May 25, 2022
Gallery
Sacramento/Tahoe
Current Ride
2022 Bronco Raptor
Current Ride #2
Have to take everything with a grain of salt, but I think this was from a FordVideoGuy video regarding the ordering process or the latest updated ordering process. you should watch that on 6g or his YouTube…

But yes, my recollection is he stated that MY22 reservation/order/both holders who went through the upcoming COVP process would have first crack at reordering “regular” Broncos and 2023 Heritage editions. But nothing regarding carryovers having preference for a 2023 Raptor order (although I’ll assume 2022 Raptor carryovers will be able to have preference).

there was a lot left unsaid re: 2023 Raptors that my guess is those will be allocated to dealers (so for your order to be filled it will have to come out of that allocation) and that the GT was a one time thing.
I could very well be wrong

slicktop

Founding Member
Jul 28, 2022
florida
Current Ride
Ford Excursion .... diesel 4x4...
Current Ride #2
1974 Bronco candy apple red, white hard top

How does one know if they have the golden ticket, I've been waiting since 8/28/20 ??

braptor0074

Founding Member
Jun 5, 2022
Gallery
Pennsylvania
How does one know if they have the golden ticket, I've been waiting since 8/28/20 ??
You received an email from FORD that requested if you’d be interested in January then if your replied in affirmative then about three weeks later you got a
‘you have been selected’ email from ford and instructed to contact the dealer assigned your golden ticket allocation. When I contacted dealer the salesman said that the dealership was given one allocation and that I was first golden ticket holder and that if I didn’t submit order he was instructed to move to second and third on list and that if neither accepted with order his dealership could sell openly.

Birdsonthebat

Founding Member
Feb 16, 2022
Gallery
Illinois

Without capitalism, there would be no Raptor.

OP
D

djc007x

Founding Member
Apr 21, 2022
Gallery
Washington, DC
The intention of my post was to underscore how valuable the Bronco Raptor will be, and to highlight unscrupulous greedy dealers.... it seems that there's a Nationwide Memo and 50k over MSRP is the National Standard :)

JohnGalt

Founding Member
🏆 BR of the Month 🏆
May 25, 2022
Gallery
Sacramento/Tahoe
Current Ride
2022 Bronco Raptor
Current Ride #2
The intention of my post was to underscore how valuable the Bronco Raptor will be, and to highlight unscrupulous greedy dealers.... it seems that there's a Nationwide Memo and 50k over MSRP is the National Standard
you’re right they are very valuable right now and everyone knows it.

And you are forgetting that the “greedy“ customers who sell for $50k over in auctions or forums before they take delivery are setting the market price. Why should a dealer “give away” a Raptor to a customer to turn around and resell at less than the market?

The National Standard is the ”market”. The market is very thin and there are more people with enough money chasing too few AVAILABLE Raptors at the moment. If I could buy more, I’d be exporting to the Middle East right now.

NOW there almost no unspoken for 2022 Braptors of the 2500-3000 that will get built. So either you find a dealer with an unsold allocation (I’m betting this is pretty rare) AND that’s built or scheduled or a buyer who’s willing to sell theirs (After covering any ADM, sales taxes and federal ‘ state capital gains taxes on net proceeds from sale). Their ”cost“ is way over MSRP.

until that changes it’s gonna be expensive to buy Braptor

Last edited:

fuhrius

Founding Member
Mar 12, 2022
Gallery
Los Gatos, CA
The intention of my post was to underscore how valuable the Bronco Raptor will be, and to highlight unscrupulous greedy dealers.... it seems that there's a Nationwide Memo and 50k over MSRP is the National Standard

I buy from a dealer that doesn't charge ADM's on anything for anyone. It's rare.
Having worked in the car business for years (that's where I met this particular dealer), I can tell you there are unscrupulous people in the business...as in any business...but I don't think that charging an ADM is unscrupulous. Greedy, perhaps. But it's easy to judge when you're a buyer, not a seller.
If you were to buy a BRaptor, at whatever price, and subsequently decide to sell it, for whatever reason...how would you price it? I'll guess that you'd probably ask a price that you think people are willing to pay...aka the 'market' price. I wouldn't think that makes you greedy...and it certainly doesn't make you unscrupulous.

CRAZYACE63

Founding Member
Jun 16, 2022
Gallery
California
Current Ride
2023 CO Braptor
Current Ride #2
2010 Challenger R/T
Just spoke to a dealer near me saying they have one allocation left to order a Raptor and wanted $25k on top of the order for markup. I got off the phone about 20 minutes ago and it was staggering. I hope the other dealership I am working with won't kick me in the nards that hard for one.

Top Member Reactions