TurboS

Staff member
Founding Member
Feb 24, 2022
Gallery
Michigan
Current Ride
2022 Bronco Raptor
"We took our new Ford Bronco Raptor to one of our favorite Jeep Wrangler trails in Colorado - Chinaman Gulch! We figured it would be the perfect off road trail to test out the Bronco's 4x4 and rock crawling capabilities. We expected the possibility of some gnarly trail damage, but what we didn't expect...were some significant (and unexplained) mechanical or electrical issues threatening to leave us struggling or broken down on the trail."

ChiliPepper

🏆 BR of the Month 🏆
Dec 3, 2022
Gallery
Cottonwood Heights, UT
Current Ride
Ford Bronco Raptor
Current Ride #2
Jeep Cherokee Trailhawk
First Responder
27 yrs SAR, Wilderness EMT, retired
I'm getting to get tired of these guys. Nothing but click bait. The title says it all.

You'd think Kevin would take some ownership of his driving, but no he and his wife have to blame the bumper damage on the Ford or Jeep designs. The speed he came off the Chinaman obsticle would have done damage to any bumper, OEM or aftermarket.

Cry me a river about your wrench🔧
I got one on Wheeler Pass with @JMCRaptor et al, reboot the computer and move on. Don't sit there and bad mouth Ford because you don't know what to do. Ever think about reading the Owners Manual?

Shame on you LiteBrite, your shine is forever tarnished I my eyes. (n)

Last edited:

Roughstock

Jul 1, 2023
Gallery
Arizona
Military
ex Army
Current Ride
2023 Shadow Black Raptor
Current Ride #2
2023 BMW GS 1250 Adventure
I'm getting to get tired of these guys. Nothing but click bait. The title says it all.

You'd think Kevin would take some ownership of his driving, but no he and his wife have to blame the bumper damage on the Ford or Jeep designs. The speed he came off the Chinaman obsticle would have done damage to any bumper, OEM or aftermarket.

Cry me a river about your wrench🔧
I got one one Wheeler Pass with @JMCRaptor et al, reboot the computer and move on. Don't sit there and bad mouth Ford because you don't know what to do. Ever think about reading the Owners Manual?

Shame on you LiteBrite, your shine is forever tarnished I my eyes. (n)
Interesting. I watched this earlier and thought basically the same thing. I have been happy with their videos in the past but this one was just content. Ripping off a bumper. Well yeah....it seemed like they were just trying to say something, anything....and as far as the wrench is concerned I don't remember reading about a reboot in the manual but that makes sense. At the time I thought, again , they are just trying go come up with something, anything to say.

Poor video for sure.

About the manual, I have been searching the internet for a specific Bronco Raptor manual and all I can find is the regular Bronco manual. Any insight on this?

ChiliPepper

🏆 BR of the Month 🏆
Dec 3, 2022
Gallery
Cottonwood Heights, UT
Current Ride
Ford Bronco Raptor
Current Ride #2
Jeep Cherokee Trailhawk
First Responder
Hey Sergeant,
The BR is part of the 2023 Bronco manual. You can get it from Ford Support. See p170 for "wrench" warning, aka Powertrain Warning Lamp.

Screenshot_20230720-211501~2.png
1689951812588.png

Last edited:

Roughstock

Jul 1, 2023
Gallery
Arizona
Military
ex Army
Current Ride
2023 Shadow Black Raptor
Current Ride #2
Hey Sarge,
The BR is part of the 2023 Bronco manual. You can get it from Ford support.

View attachment 9043
OK great. When I read the manual I skipped over the parts that were not for me. I guess I am good at skipping parts because I don't remember the word Raptor.

I like to read the manual. Thanks

Bigdaddy007

Feb 21, 2023
Gallery
British Columbia
Current Ride
Bronco raptor
OK great. When I read the manual I skipped over the parts that were not for me. I guess I am good at skipping parts because I don't remember the word Raptor.

I like to read the manual. Thanks
No worries buddy. I like to read the manual as well just to be sure. I was looking today to make sure I got the right size black lug nuts for my Braptor to swap them out and also what the torque specs were to tighten. I was surprised to see 150 FT LBS as the recommended torque for the wheels. And its 66 FT LBS for the spare tire.

Roughstock

Jul 1, 2023
Gallery
Arizona
Military
ex Army
Current Ride
2023 Shadow Black Raptor
Current Ride #2
Hey Sarge,
The BR is part of the 2023 Bronco manual. You can get it from Ford suppo

No worries buddy. I like to read the manual as well just to be sure. I was looking today to make sure I got the right size black lug nuts for my Braptor to swap them out and also what the torque specs were to tighten. I was surprised to see 150 FT LBS as the recommended torque for the wheels. And its 66 FT LBS for the spare tire.
Good to know. I just bought a 21 mm socket specifically for my torque wrench I carry with me. I had extra 22mm, 19 mm and a 21mm but it was a 12 point so I bought a new 21 mm soon to be in the Raptor. I alway write the torques down an have them handy with the wrenches. One step I haven't done yet. Got the wrench, got the socket...

The Black lugs sound good. I think I was reading one of your posts and I looked at some Summits or something. EDIT: that was not you..haha

Last edited:

Bigdaddy007

Feb 21, 2023
Gallery
British Columbia
Current Ride
Bronco raptor
Good to know. I just bought a 21 mm socket specifically for my torque wrench I carry with me. I had extra 22mm, 19 mm and a 21mm but it was a 12 point so I bought a new 21 mm soon to be in the Raptor. I alway right the torques down an have them handy with the wrenches.

The Black lugs sound good. I think I was reading one of your posts and I looked at some Summits or something.
I need to get a socket as well.
I am from Canada and got mine from TDOT Performance. Cheapest price out there for us.

Roughstock

Jul 1, 2023
Gallery
Arizona
Military
ex Army
Current Ride
2023 Shadow Black Raptor
Current Ride #2
I need to get a socket as well.
I am from Canada and got mine from TDOT Performance. Cheapest price out there for us.
Cool, I am in Canada too. We live between Arizona and northern Ontario. Way north. Off grid and awesome off roading...lots of American here. Hunting, fishing and basically anything outdoors. There are not many places like this around. We have gone off roading in the UP Michigan and there are just a lot more people and stuff. It is beautiful and rugged but not as rugged. After us here there is nothing much. Mines and and fly in hunt and fish camps. We are heading back to the UP to off road soon. It is a bit more organized so we find that fun. Up here there ain't much organization.

BC is beautiful been there a few times.

Bigdaddy007

Feb 21, 2023
Gallery
British Columbia
Current Ride
Bronco raptor
Cool, I am in Canada too. We live between Arizona and northern Ontario. Way north. Off grid and awesome off roading...lots of American here. Hunting, fishing and basically anything outdoors. There are not many places like this around. We have gone off roading in the UP Michigan and there are just a lot more people and stuff. It is beautiful and rugged but not as rugged. After us here there is nothing much. Mines and and fly in hunt and fish camps. We are heading back to the UP to off road soon. It is a bit more organized so we find that fun. Up here there ain't much organization.

BC is beautiful been there a few times.
Awesome buddy.
Can't wait to try mine off road here in the mountains. Should be a blast for sure!! And the scenery will be epic

Roughstock

Jul 1, 2023
Gallery
Arizona
Military
ex Army
Current Ride
2023 Shadow Black Raptor
Current Ride #2
Yeah we found some great dirt bike trials near Squamish. Our dog is intact and is a wonderful dog around people and kids, well trained. Around other dogs, not so friendly so we alway find places to hike not around anyone. We like it better anyway. No people. They were awesome trials for either dirt bikes or mountain bikes. I am sure there are lots of mountain roads. We certainly found a few looking for remote places to hike.
Awesome buddy.
Can't wait to try mine off road here in the mountains. Should be a blast for sure!! And the scenery will be epic

Apache 8

Founding Member
Feb 18, 2022
SoCal
I could not agree more with Chili Pepper regarding this video. So if I get this right, the Lite Brite crew is frustrated with the long standing practice by Jeep to place the license plate frame in an unacceptably vulnerable bumper location. And shame on Ford for doing yet the very same thing with the broncos including the Raptor. And so what did they do to rectify this problem on their Raptor before hitting the big rocks? Absolutely nothing and when they crush the rear bumper area including the “flawed” license plate position, Oh, Let’s blame Ford!! These people are clueless.

GLOCK10MM

Feb 19, 2023
NJ
Current Ride
2004 Dodge 2500 Cummings
Current Ride #2
2015 Jeep Rubicon JK
First Responder
(retired)
Unfortunately, I'm unable to find other YouTubers who run a Raptor let alone overland one. If anyone knows of someone putting out Raptor content, not just lame reviews I'd be very grateful !

DallasCajun

Jan 6, 2023
Gallery
Dallas
Current Ride
23 Ford Bronco Raptor
Agree w ChiliPepper...a majority of their material comes across as uninformed and clickbait (esp the thumbnails used). They seem to misconstrue lack of knowledge as manufacturer issues. The only one that seems to have any actual clue is the mechanic that deals with their personalities.

On the flip-side...good on them for living out these experiences even if it comes across (to me at least) as a need for attention.

I've blocked their materials from my YT feed as it's usually just a Fluster-Cluck of nonsense.

ChiliPepper

🏆 BR of the Month 🏆
Dec 3, 2022
Gallery
Cottonwood Heights, UT
Current Ride
Ford Bronco Raptor
Current Ride #2
Jeep Cherokee Trailhawk
First Responder
Unfortunately, I'm unable to find other YouTubers who run a Raptor let alone overland one. If anyone knows of someone putting out Raptor content, not just lame reviews I'd be very grateful !
I personally could do this, but I'm retired and enjoying life without self promotion or the need to have an income stream. I like to share some highlights (or lowlights as the case may be) with the community, but only if it is informative. 20-30 years ago I may have felt the need to comment on everything, but now not so much. If I'm not value added or just frustrated with the a given group, then I'll just ride off into the sunset.

Last edited:

Johnw

Dec 28, 2022
Gallery
Toronto
Current Ride
Bronco Raptor
Current Ride #2
Tesla Model S
Agree as well, the girl is annoying af. Not sure how you call that 'broken down' smh.

Same with the artic video they did. they literally take the braptor to the top of the world and back and the thing performs beyond flawlessly in a super hostile terrain and she is complaining about water leaking in from the rear panel and saying typical ford quality. Really?? Bimbo

Last edited:

JMCBraptor

Feb 18, 2023
Gallery
Los Angeles
Current Ride
2021 Ram 3500 Megacab
Current Ride #2
Escalade V ,Raptor R, Jeep Grand Cherokee Summit Reserve
I was enjoying the videos they made. The fact they were actually using the BR and getting around with it was pretty cool… The last few videos were just terrible. The “breaking down” and the bumper being ripped off… Thats 100% knowing when driving off a rock the way they did will 99% rip off the bumper! They are just looking to get a free bumper when a company sees the video…
But when they say it broke down… Stop messing with the electronics. They took away any credibility once they modified the steering which is electronic.
After going to the Raptor Off Rodeo; no way I can see that these trucks are needing any of the parts they installed! The parts mostly look cool might be stronger but not needed!
The BR was being tested in aggressive terrain all day almost every day… Unless you want to break it someone with a little common sense would have no issues!

Im all for upgrades… They did a 5000 mile trip the the Artic Circle, truck was stock… ZERO ISSUES! Now the added some crap and BAMM issues all of a sudden they blame ford!
Just not for the blame game once you modify the truck and all of a sudden have issues It’s not Fords fault.

Just my two cents…

Top Member Reactions