Bronco Raptor on the Highway - Thoughts?

Feb 7, 2023
Gallery
wi
Current Ride
22 Braptor
Current Ride #2
12' Raptor
wow, I thought they all had the headliner. I don't recall seeing it as optional when I ordered, but given what a mess ford is these days nothing surprises me. As for usefullness, I'm not convinced it makes that much diffrence, most of the noise is from air moving through the window seals.

JohnGalt

Founding Member
🏆 BR of the Month 🏆
May 25, 2022
Gallery
Sacramento/Tahoe
Current Ride
2022 Bronco Raptor
Current Ride #2
2023 Land Rover Defender 110
wow, I thought they all had the headliner. I don't recall seeing it as optional when I ordered, but given what a mess ford is these days nothing surprises me. As for usefullness, I'm not convinced it makes that much diffrence, most of the noise is from air moving through the window seals.
It was a free option. Just had to say yes. In fact is was the only option I selected.

the only rationale the dealer came up with for not ordering it was, if you didn’t want to get it wet when you hosed out the interior.

I’ll probably hose mine (no carpet/MGV seats) out from time to time but I‘m pretty confident despite my propensity to spray water willy nilly, I can somehow manage to avoid unduly spraying down the headliner.

braptor0074

Founding Member
Jun 5, 2022
Gallery
Pennsylvania
It was a free option. Just had to say yes. In fact is was the only option I selected.

the only rationale the dealer came up with for not ordering it was, if you didn’t want to get it wet when you hosed out the interior.

I’ll probably hose mine (no carpet/MGV seats) out from time to time but I‘m pretty confident despite my propensity to spray water willy nilly, I can somehow manage to avoid unduly spraying down the headliner.
My order sheet had the free headliner requested but when dealer put the order in to Ford he didn’t realize he had to individually select it when MGV seats we’re also selected, so it arrived without. I bought mine for MSRP so there was no way I was going to fuss about it. Now I’m just trying to figure out how to add it after market. My current dealer said there’s a note indicating that it’s not for bronco raptor but there are other dealers who indicate that it fits the bronco raptor???

JohnGalt

Founding Member
🏆 BR of the Month 🏆
May 25, 2022
Gallery
Sacramento/Tahoe
Current Ride
2022 Bronco Raptor
Current Ride #2
2023 Land Rover Defender 110
My order sheet had the free headliner requested but when dealer put the order in to Ford he didn’t realize he had to individually select it when MGV seats we’re also selected, so it arrived without. I bought mine for MSRP so there was no way I was going to fuss about it. Now I’m just trying to figure out how to add it after market. My current dealer said there’s a note indicating that it’s not for bronco raptor but there are other dealers who indicate that it fits the bronco raptor???
That stinks, but MSRP certainly soothes the pain.

I just crawled in mine and if the aftermarket headliner is anything like the OEM one installed in mine. It will work.

the headliner is in four pieces (one for each panel and rear shell). its possible that rear shell is seamed, it’s dark in there. its basically a high quality felt that is (almost certainly) glued on. The headliner doesn’t come close to the Raptor only B and C braces. I can’t see how something that fits the regular bronco hard top wouldn't fit the same Raptor hard top.

…..unless it is a radically different design. Seems unlikely.

Also seems like you could make your own with a little time and effort.

good luck!

TurboS

Staff member
Founding Member
Feb 24, 2022
Gallery
Michigan
Current Ride
2022 Bronco Raptor
My experience is the butyl rubber backing that sticks to the hardtop, as found on the OEM headliner, does most of the sound deadening of outside noise, the inner portion is to reduce interior echoing.

braptor0074

Founding Member
Jun 5, 2022
Gallery
Pennsylvania
That stinks, but MSRP certainly soothes the pain.

I just crawled in mine and if the aftermarket headliner is anything like the OEM one installed in mine. It will work.

the headliner is in four pieces (one for each panel and rear shell). its possible that rear shell is seamed, it’s dark in there. its basically a high quality felt that is (almost certainly) glued on. The headliner doesn’t come close to the Raptor only B and C braces. I can’t see how something that fits the regular bronco hard top wouldn't fit the same Raptor hard top.

…..unless it is a radically different design. Seems unlikely.

Also seems like you could make your own with a little time and effort.

good luck!
B6B01041-7792-430C-A82B-6C34D62AC9AB.jpeg

Looks like the aftermarket is in 4 pieces as well. My dealer is looking into it to try to clear up the inconsistencies in info. I’ll report back if I get a clear answer.

braptor0074

Founding Member
Jun 5, 2022
Gallery
Pennsylvania
Ok guys I was confused by all the wind noise conversations as I’ve previously expressed ours is awesome we’ve done ample highway driving and no issues…. Yesterday I started to hear some noise and I was thinking WTF so after looking around all my windows I found there’s a chunk of the rubber seal that seemingly just fell out!! Now it’s winter so obviously I have yet to take the top off my ride.. on the passenger side there’s a good 1 1/2” gap on the back window corner… I also notice on both sides there seems to be a 1” gap between front and rear windows (hubs however thinks this might be a drain for any water accumulating on the roof, if someone can confirm theirs is like that too pls) I’m going to call ford Monday to express my concern on the seal and hope the parts come in along with my windsheild lol but I’ve put some pics of the missing chunk… passenger in photo 1 and drivers side to compare in pic 2 added pic 3 of the gaps I’m curious if you all have too 😉
I’ve written about wind noise and headliners a bunch on this site, yesterday I was exploring my top and noticed the same thing on both sides by the B pillar. It appears that the inside edge of the hard top has a sharp edge and I assume the vibration caused it to rub and tear at the rubber seal until it tore off likely on the highway. This is definitely the cause of my highway wind noise increase as it’s directly above the back rest of the front seats. Has anyone encountered this as well or had a solution from Ford? Also apologies as I know this topic is on the G6 site.

Attachments

• 70196955363__45E46528-183A-47EC-857F-B89430652EC9.jpeg
    70196955363__45E46528-183A-47EC-857F-B89430652EC9.jpeg
    441.8 KB · Views: 44
  • 70196956831__CDA13AE6-CC2B-45CF-8A7D-96F7026FF734.jpeg
    70196956831__CDA13AE6-CC2B-45CF-8A7D-96F7026FF734.jpeg
    498 KB · Views: 43
Last edited:

Fukinstoned

Founding Member
🏆 BR of the Month 🏆
May 8, 2022
Gallery
British Columbia
I’ve written about wind noise and headliners a bunch on this site, yesterday I was exploring my top and noticed the same thing on both sides by the B pillar. It appears that the inside edge of the hard top has a sharp edge and I assume the vibration caused it to rub and tear at the rubber seal until it tore off likely on the highway. This is definitely the cause of my highway wind noise increase as it’s directly above the back rest of the front seats. Has anyone encountered this as well or had a solution from Ford? Also apologies as I know this topic is on the G6 site.
I posted this exact issue, ford has ordered me a new rubber seal, but if what you say is accurate it will probably continue to happen… 🤷🏻‍♀️ but I had the same problems my trip home was great no noise but after 2 months the sound became a whistle and I found the same problems with the rubber seal

braptor0074

Founding Member
Jun 5, 2022
Gallery
Pennsylvania
I posted this exact issue, ford has ordered me a new rubber seal, but if what you say is accurate it will probably continue to happen… 🤷🏻‍♀️ but I had the same problems my trip home was great no noise but after 2 months the sound became a whistle and I found the same problems with the rubber seal
The dealer I purchased from recently changed hands so I’m following my service manager to new dealership and he’s looking into a fix with ford. I was ready to try a home remedy with rubber pipe insulation to try to plug the hole. I’m glad Ford stepped up in your case. I hope they follow suit in mine. I also gathered the supplies from the G6 fix to tighten the seals all around by adding rubber pieces so I’ll update when this plan comes together. Thanks for the response. I’ve been obsessing over this issue as you can see.

Top Member Reactions