Gallery
East TN
Military
US ARMY
Current Ride
2021 Subaru Outback Onyx XT
Current Ride #2
2002 BMW 1150RT
I am currently at 750 miles on my Raptor. I just left it at the shop for full PPF, ceramic coating and window tinting. I will not have it for probably a week or so.

I picked it up in Hardeeville SC and drove it back to TN. Most of the miles have been highway miles and I averaged 13.9 mpg. It rides extremely well on the highway and has tons of power. I had to watch my speed because I found myself quickly in the 90's as I was passing vehicles. There is wind noise as you would expect from a vehicle that is so square in shape but it is not bad at all. The steering and ride is awesome.

I have not driven the vehicle hard because I am breaking it in but the transmission shifts extremely smooth and the shift with the paddle shifters are very quick and smooth.

The seating position could not be any better. The seats are vert comfortable and supportive and the view out of the Raptor is very good. The feel of the thick wrapped steering wheel is excellent.

The Apple car play worked great wirelessly and the B&O sound system sounds very good. I am not a stereo snob so I think Ford did a good job with the sound system.

The instrument cluster is Awesome! After a while driving I switched from the tach and speedo to the performance cluster that has them combined in the center of the console. I like them both but the performance cluster is my favorite. Setting up R mode and scrolling through menus is fairly simple after you play with the settings for a while.

I did have an issue with my remote start not working but went into the settings and turned it off and back on and now it works great.

There is so much tech in the navigation screen and instrument cluster. I really like that. It will take a little time to get use to scrolling through it all but it is relatively easy. Whether you use the on board navigation or the navigation from your Apple car play they both show up on the screen well and work great.

I tested the heated seats and steering wheel and they worked very well. Some will complain about no ventilated seats but I am ok with not having them. If you have never had them they always made me feel like my balls were wet, lol.

I did take the driver and passenger roof panels off and rode around for an hour or so before it started raining. They are very easy to remove and replace. The wind noise was mild but very nice removed. I would highly suggest looking at a youtube video on how to store the roof panels. They only fit one way in the storage bag. It will save you a few minutes of frustration.

Your do get a storage bag for the front roof panels and the front doors with your Raptor. All other bags you have to purchase.

Attachments

• 680E367B-9C98-4D55-BD13-F02CEC4C834F.jpeg
    680E367B-9C98-4D55-BD13-F02CEC4C834F.jpeg
    124.8 KB · Views: 119
  • B8E24ED2-7274-45F6-AE8E-F5833B97C56F.jpeg
    B8E24ED2-7274-45F6-AE8E-F5833B97C56F.jpeg
    284.2 KB · Views: 93
  • 93990037-90F9-4448-BB3E-1C4F358D19F0.jpeg
    93990037-90F9-4448-BB3E-1C4F358D19F0.jpeg
    268.4 KB · Views: 88
  • 94EA20AE-1436-4318-AEA3-BAE97AEB4F35.jpeg
    94EA20AE-1436-4318-AEA3-BAE97AEB4F35.jpeg
    193.9 KB · Views: 92

TurboS

Staff member
Founding Member
Feb 24, 2022
Gallery
Michigan
Current Ride
2022 Bronco Raptor
Thank you for posting this nicely done review, awesome to hear your opinion, and Great idea on creating this Thread, hoping to see pages of owner reviews soon! (y)

OP
BRVOL

BRVOL

Founding Member
Mar 8, 2022
Gallery
East TN
Military
US ARMY
Current Ride
Current Ride #2
2002 BMW 1150RT
Heads up if you plan on removing the torx plus bolts on the accessory ready area on the swing gate. Mine were put on with some sort of lock-tite and were difficult to get off. It did damage the heads of the bolts so I will be replacing them. Taking it easy did not help to prevent damaging them. I am having PPF put on the entire vehicle so removing this and the rear tire was necessary to do it right. Also under the third brake light where the tire mount attaches to the vehicle was a dent in the swing gate. You can not see it with everything on the vehicle but none the less it was dented and covered up by Ford....

Attachments

• 19AFCB4B-8C39-49BC-928A-3D08D137B422.jpeg
    19AFCB4B-8C39-49BC-928A-3D08D137B422.jpeg
    135.5 KB · Views: 111
  • 1B844CDB-2CB9-4CE4-9D1C-BD537C53412E.jpeg
    1B844CDB-2CB9-4CE4-9D1C-BD537C53412E.jpeg
    156.5 KB · Views: 109
  • 2E1969DA-FC4B-42F6-8FCE-BEE76315535F.jpeg
    2E1969DA-FC4B-42F6-8FCE-BEE76315535F.jpeg
    142.4 KB · Views: 110

Dragoon

Administrator
Staff member
Founding Member
Sep 16, 2021
Gallery
FBG TX
Current Ride
2023 Bronco Raptor
Current Ride #2
2022 Ram TRX
Thank you for the review! Wow, it's crazy that they just covered up that dent and sent it down the line. It could have caused you a long delay if they had fixed it and you can't see it with the tire on, but an interesting find nonetheless.

CRAZYACE63

Founding Member
Jun 16, 2022
Gallery
California
Current Ride
2023 CO Braptor
Current Ride #2
2010 Challenger R/T
Great review and can't wait to finally get an order in.

I do have one question.
Can you take a measurement from the asphalt to the top of the seat? I am in a wheelchair and want to know how high I have to go up to get into one of these.

If you see this thank you in advance if you can do that.

I am ordering the same color and love all the pictures I have been seeing.

BigP

Founding Member
🏆 BR of the Month 🏆
Sep 21, 2022
Gallery
Current Ride
2022 Braptor
Great Post and information. Ill be sure to check that tail gate area when mine arives. No sure if you have a garage- but if you do get the chance to measure from the pavement to the roof top ( or the seat as requested in the post above) I would be intersted to know the height. I found another post which stated the width was 85 inches outside tire to tire. P

OP
BRVOL

BRVOL

Founding Member
Mar 8, 2022
Gallery
East TN
Military
US ARMY
Current Ride
Current Ride #2
2002 BMW 1150RT
Great Post and information. Ill be sure to check that tail gate area when mine arives. No sure if you have a garage- but if you do get the chance to measure from the pavement to the roof top ( or the seat as requested in the post above) I would be intersted to know the height. I found another post which stated the width was 85 inches outside tire to tire. P
When I get it out of the shop for PPF next week I will do that.

OP
BRVOL

BRVOL

Founding Member
Mar 8, 2022
Gallery
East TN
Military
US ARMY
Current Ride
Current Ride #2
2002 BMW 1150RT

I do have one question.
Can you take a measurement from the asphalt to the top of the seat? I am in a wheelchair and want to know how high I have to go up to get into one of these.

TCopp

Founding Member
Feb 27, 2022
Gallery
KC
Current Ride
Raptor
First Responder
Paramedic

I do have one question.

Pavement to the highest part of the seat bottom is around 40.5 inches. Seat can be lowered a tiny bit with the manual handle.

TCopp

Founding Member
Feb 27, 2022
Gallery
KC
Current Ride
Raptor
First Responder
Paramedic
The dimensions have been available for a long while. 77.8 inches tall.

Bran

Founding Member
Sep 28, 2022
US
Current Ride
Ford Flex Ecoboost
Heads up if you plan on removing the torx plus bolts on the accessory ready area on the swing gate. Mine were put on with some sort of lock-tite and were difficult to get off. It did damage the heads of the bolts so I will be replacing them. Taking it easy did not help to prevent damaging them. I am having PPF put on the entire vehicle so removing this and the rear tire was necessary to do it right. Also under the third brake light where the tire mount attaches to the vehicle was a dent in the swing gate. You can not see it with everything on the vehicle but none the less it was dented and covered up by Ford....
Could you please post a photo of the entire rear swing gate with the spare tire removed?

I have been considering the ‘spare tire delete’ option once I get my Raptor.

That would mean installing one of the aftermarket replacements for the existing spare tire mount. What is not clear to me is how the Raptor-exclusive swing gate reinforcements might potentially limit the selection of the aftermarket ‘spare tire delete’ solutions (the one by Fab Fours that I like is quite wide) and whether the gate reinforcements—when completely exposed on a Code-Orange Bronco—would make the gate look unsightly?

TurboS

Staff member
Founding Member
Feb 24, 2022
Gallery
Michigan
Current Ride
2022 Bronco Raptor
Could you please post a photo of the entire rear swing gate with the spare tire removed?

That would mean installing one of the aftermarket replacements for the existing spare tire mount. What is not clear to me is how the Raptor-exclusive swing gate reinforcements might potentially limit the selection of the aftermarket ‘spare tire delete’ solutions (the one by Fab Fours that I like is quite wide) and whether the gate reinforcements—when completely exposed on a Code-Orange Bronco—would make the gate look unsightly?
Welcome to BroncoRaptor.com! Sounds like your expecting your Bronco Raptor in the near future so Congrats! 🍻

cardad

Founding Member
Mar 27, 2022
Gallery
Moab
Current Ride
Rivian R1T
Current Ride #2
Jeep Wrangler 4xe
I am currently at 750 miles on my Raptor. I just left it at the shop for full PPF, ceramic coating and window tinting. I will not have it for probably a week or so.

I picked it up in Hardeeville SC and drove it back to TN. Most of the miles have been highway miles and I averaged 13.9 mpg. It rides extremely well on the highway and has tons of power. I had to watch my speed because I found myself quickly in the 90's as I was passing vehicles. There is wind noise as you would expect from a vehicle that is so square in shape but it is not bad at all. The steering and ride is awesome.

I have not driven the vehicle hard because I am breaking it in but the transmission shifts extremely smooth and the shift with the paddle shifters are very quick and smooth.

The seating position could not be any better. The seats are vert comfortable and supportive and the view out of the Raptor is very good. The feel of the thick wrapped steering wheel is excellent.

The Apple car play worked great wirelessly and the B&O sound system sounds very good. I am not a stereo snob so I think Ford did a good job with the sound system.

The instrument cluster is Awesome! After a while driving I switched from the tach and speedo to the performance cluster that has them combined in the center of the console. I like them both but the performance cluster is my favorite. Setting up R mode and scrolling through menus is fairly simple after you play with the settings for a while.

I did have an issue with my remote start not working but went into the settings and turned it off and back on and now it works great.

There is so much tech in the navigation screen and instrument cluster. I really like that. It will take a little time to get use to scrolling through it all but it is relatively easy. Whether you use the on board navigation or the navigation from your Apple car play they both show up on the screen well and work great.

I tested the heated seats and steering wheel and they worked very well. Some will complain about no ventilated seats but I am ok with not having them. If you have never had them they always made me feel like my balls were wet, lol.

I did take the driver and passenger roof panels off and rode around for an hour or so before it started raining. They are very easy to remove and replace. The wind noise was mild but very nice removed. I would highly suggest looking at a youtube video on how to store the roof panels. They only fit one way in the storage bag. It will save you a few minutes of frustration.

Your do get a storage bag for the front roof panels and the front doors with your Raptor. All other bags you have to purchase.
Is the steering wheel blue with the blue seats? I noticed some of the trim and dash are blue so I'm wondering if the steering wheel is also blue. Could you post some more pics of the interior?

OP
BRVOL

BRVOL

Founding Member
Mar 8, 2022
Gallery
East TN
Military
US ARMY
Current Ride
Current Ride #2
2002 BMW 1150RT
Is the steering wheel blue with the blue seats? I noticed some of the trim and dash are blue so I'm wondering if the steering wheel is also blue. Could you post some more pics of the interior?
The steering wheel is black leather with orange stitching. I will post some more pics when I get it out of the shop for PPF in a week or so.

TheBroncoDad

Founding Member
Feb 14, 2022
Stu@rt17
I couldn’t agree with your review more. I have driven about 200 miles so far and I’m in love. The looks, driving and feel are awesome. It is such a blast to drive and the paddle shifters take it to a whole new level. I can’t wait to take it off-road and see what it’s really made to do.

73Bronco

Founding Member
Mar 28, 2022
Gallery
East TN
I spotted a code orange Bronco Raptor today near the Dandridge, TN I-40 exit. My first Bronco Raptor spotting for the record!!! Was that you by chance? If not and it was another member on here, please give a shout out. Looked great!!! So jealous. I got bumped to MY23.

OP
BRVOL

BRVOL

Founding Member
Mar 8, 2022
Gallery
East TN
Military
US ARMY
Current Ride
Current Ride #2
2002 BMW 1150RT
I spotted a code orange Bronco Raptor today near the Dandridge, TN I-40 exit. My first Bronco Raptor spotting for the record!!! Was that you by chance? If not and it was another member on here, please give a shout out. Looked great!!! So jealous. I got bumped to MY23.
No, Mine is still in shop for PPF. I pick it back up tomorrow.

OP
BRVOL

BRVOL

Founding Member
Mar 8, 2022
Gallery
East TN
Military
US ARMY
Current Ride
Current Ride #2
2002 BMW 1150RT

Here it is with everything off and during reassembly.

Attachments

• 6B091EF0-8398-4557-9B2C-38E7167052AF.jpeg
    6B091EF0-8398-4557-9B2C-38E7167052AF.jpeg
    221.8 KB · Views: 58
  • 0CCBBB39-C146-4267-929D-1D7DE21633AE.jpeg
    0CCBBB39-C146-4267-929D-1D7DE21633AE.jpeg
    185.4 KB · Views: 59
  • D3F99510-2B6F-4522-A514-67891AE7102C.jpeg
    D3F99510-2B6F-4522-A514-67891AE7102C.jpeg
    237.7 KB · Views: 60
  • B33D1232-2B25-4566-B6D8-426B100809BC.jpeg
    B33D1232-2B25-4566-B6D8-426B100809BC.jpeg
    180.6 KB · Views: 59

Roughstock

Jul 1, 2023
Gallery
Arizona
Military
ex Army
Current Ride
2023 Shadow Black Raptor
Current Ride #2
2023 BMW GS 1250 Adventure

I liked this a lot. Seeing I am still awaiting delivery it is nice to live through your eyes and experience.

DallasCajun

Jan 6, 2023
Gallery
Dallas
Current Ride
23 Ford Bronco Raptor
I've owned more than my fair share of "Performance" vehicles...911s, AMGs, Ms and I think the BRaptor is my favorite of all of them simply because I can use more of it's capabilities more of the time. And I almost never worry about what might happen to it. No worries about bent rims, curb-checks...it just runs over anything I want it to and about whatever speed I want to.

Top Member Reactions