Wizz

Aug 16, 2023
Gallery
Washington, Utah
Current Ride
2023 Bronco Raptor
Current Ride #2
2021 Audi RS6
So I had a Jeep Rubicon 392 decked out with long travel suspension, King coilovers, 38” Toyo tires and Raceline wheels. The Jeep was beautiful, but rode like a shopping cart. It was horrible! Traded the 392 in for the Bronco Raptor and couldn’t be happier. I do miss the motor in the 392, but that’s about it. All my friends said I was making a mistake because the Bronco wouldn’t rock crawl nearly as well as the Jeep, but I’ve been extremely impressed with the Bronco. I live in Washington, Utah so I’m right next door to Sand Hollow, and if you’ve heard of Sand Hollow, you know how awesome the rock crawling is here. I modify the suspension on all my off road vehicles, but not the Bronco. It’s darn near perfect. I did level the front end so as not to rub on the 39” tires, but that’s it. If you guys like rock crawling, from mild to extreme, come to Sand Hollow, you won’t be disappointed.

Dragoon

Administrator
Staff member
Founding Member
Sep 16, 2021
Gallery
FBG TX
Current Ride
2023 Bronco Raptor
Current Ride #2
2022 Ram TRX
That's great to hear! Obviously, the 392 sounds great, but I was shocked at how well the Bronco Raptor handles. It feels like a rally car that just wants to be flicked into turns and run flat out through the desert!

Roughstock

Jul 1, 2023
Gallery
Arizona
Military
ex Army
Current Ride
2023 Shadow Black Raptor
Current Ride #2
2023 BMW GS 1250 Adventure
That's great to hear! Obviously, the 392 sounds great, but I was shocked at how well the Bronco Raptor handles. It feels like a rally car that just wants to be flicked into turns and run flat out through the desert!
I agree. Can't wait to run it hard in the desert. I don't mind a bit of rock crawling. Not into mudding but running fast and hard is for me. The Raptor wins hands down from what every one seems to say from having the chance to run a 392. 392 even sounds good like 1911 but being able to rip through the desert is awesome. The V6 seems pretty good. Sure everyone likes more power; however, the Raptor still has it where it counts.

DdYHrse

Founding Member
🏆 BR of the Month 🏆
Feb 15, 2022
Gallery
Dallas, TX
So I had a Jeep Rubicon 392 decked out with long travel suspension, King coilovers, 38” Toyo tires and Raceline wheels. The Jeep was beautiful, but rode like a shopping cart. It was horrible! Traded the 392 in for the Bronco Raptor and couldn’t be happier. I do miss the motor in the 392, but that’s about it. All my friends said I was making a mistake because the Bronco wouldn’t rock crawl nearly as well as the Jeep, but I’ve been extremely impressed with the Bronco. I live in Washington, Utah so I’m right next door to Sand Hollow, and if you’ve heard of Sand Hollow, you know how awesome the rock crawling is here. I modify the suspension on all my off road vehicles, but not the Bronco. It’s darn near perfect. I did level the front end so as not to rub on the 39” tires, but that’s it. If you guys like rock crawling, from mild to extreme, come to Sand Hollow, you won’t be disappointed.
All you did was a front level and put 39's on and you are not rubbing anywhere when crawling? Are you on the stock wheels? I might just do this if you are not rubbing.

OP
W

Wizz

Aug 16, 2023
Gallery
Washington, Utah
Current Ride
2023 Bronco Raptor
Current Ride #2
2021 Audi RS6
All you did was a front level and put 39's on and you are not rubbing anywhere when crawling? Are you on the stock wheels? I might just do this if you are not rubbing.
So with the leveling pucks and the 39” tires, there is a small amount of rubbing at full lock on the edge of the plastic inner fender wells. This could be resolved with a little bit of plastic trimming. I’m not worried about it because I have fiberglass fenders on order. If they ever go into production!

DdYHrse

Founding Member
🏆 BR of the Month 🏆
Feb 15, 2022
Gallery
Dallas, TX
So with the leveling pucks and the 39” tires, there is a small amount of rubbing at full lock on the edge of the plastic inner fender wells. This could be resolved with a little bit of plastic trimming. I’m not worried about it because I have fiberglass fenders on order. If they ever go into production!
Gotcha. Are you running factory wheels?

Feb 7, 2023
Gallery
wi
Current Ride
22 Braptor
Current Ride #2
12' Raptor
If we could of only got the coyote......

Top Member Reactions