Founding Member
Sep 16, 2021
Gallery
FBG TX
Current Ride
2023 Bronco Raptor
Current Ride #2
2022 Ram TRX
So who's going to be the first one to run 40-inch tires on their Bronco Raptor? I wonder how much lift it will take to clear 40s? I think the standard Bronco guys are running 40s with a 6-inch lift?

SteelBronco

Founding Member
Oct 24, 2021
Gallery
Western Maryland
Current Ride
Bronco
Speed is definitely nice but for me in these Appalachian Mountains....I want it all...Bwahahahaha!!!!
ArcticEasygoingIberianchiffchaff-size_restricted.gif

TurboS

Staff member
Founding Member
Feb 24, 2022
Gallery
Michigan
Current Ride
2022 Bronco Raptor
If I had unlimited funds, I'm thinking 44's with the GT500 5.2 blower motor, ...and... bigger axles, hubs, trans, etc... Now I think about it I would start with just a base bronco and replace everything but the doors and windshield. :giggle:

OP
Dragoon

Dragoon

Administrator
Staff member
Founding Member
Sep 16, 2021
Gallery
FBG TX
Current Ride
2023 Bronco Raptor
Current Ride #2
2022 Ram TRX
If I had unlimited funds, I'm thinking 44's with the GT500 5.2 blower motor, ...and... bigger axles, hubs, trans, etc... Now I think about it I would start with just a base bronco and replace everything but the doors and windshield. :giggle:
That would be the ultimate build right there!

TurboS

Staff member
Founding Member
Feb 24, 2022
Gallery
Michigan
Current Ride
2022 Bronco Raptor
One size up from 37's would look very nice, require maybe a small lift, but even in K02's which tend to be lighter than most, the biggest difference is in weight. You would definitely feel the weight going up to the 39's even at D load range.

1647339678817.png

OP
Dragoon

Dragoon

Administrator
Staff member
Founding Member
Sep 16, 2021
Gallery
FBG TX
Current Ride
2023 Bronco Raptor
Current Ride #2
2022 Ram TRX
One size up from 37's would look very nice, require maybe a small lift, but even in K02's which tend to be lighter than most, the biggest difference is in weight. You would definitely feel the weight going up to the 39's even at D load range.

View attachment 537
39's would be some massive and it's probably pretty doable on the Bronco Raptor!

TurboS

Staff member
Founding Member
Feb 24, 2022
Gallery
Michigan
Current Ride
2022 Bronco Raptor
39's would be some massive and it's probably pretty doable on the Bronco Raptor!
39's or 40's may really help visually balance the proportion of the fender flares. But that's a lot of extra weight. For performance considerations 1 lb extra of unsprung weight is equivalent to adding 10 lbs extra in a vehicle. Below Goodyears are "C" load range, but still very heavy. Note that the 39's above and the 40's would fit on the OEM wheels but clearance is unknown.

1647374097170.png

OP
Dragoon

Dragoon

Administrator
Staff member
Founding Member
Sep 16, 2021
Gallery
FBG TX
Current Ride
2023 Bronco Raptor
Current Ride #2
2022 Ram TRX
39's or 40's may really help visually balance the proportion of the fender flares. But that's a lot of extra weight. For performance considerations 1 lb extra of unsprung weight is equivalent to adding 10 lbs extra in a vehicle. Below Goodyears are "C" load range, but still very heavy. Note that the 39's above and the 40's would fit on the OEM wheels but clearance is unknown.

View attachment 544
While 40-inch tires would be cool, I'm not sure these tires are that visually appealing...
goodyear 40x13.5.jpeg

OP
Dragoon

Dragoon

Administrator
Staff member
Founding Member
Sep 16, 2021
Gallery
FBG TX
Current Ride
2023 Bronco Raptor
Current Ride #2
2022 Ram TRX
Here's what the standard Bronco looks like with 40-inch tires.

Dana-Ultimate-Ford-Bronco-Build-Real-World-Photos-March-2022-Exterior-005.jpeg

Over the past few weeks, Ford Authority has spotted the brand new 2022 Ford Bronco Raptor in a variety settings, showing off multiple color options like Code Orange, Velocity Blue, Eruption Green, and the front license plate bracket. Now, our spies have captured something entirely different: the Dana Ultimate Ford Bronco, giving us our first real-world look at this fully built SUV.

Just one glance makes it obvious that the Dana Ultimate is no ordinary Ford Bronco. For starters, the bright livery and heaps of prominent branding makes the four-door, soft-top Bronco stand out, and that’s not to mention all the upgrades to its exterior and mechanicals.

At the front, the Dana Ultimate Ford Bronco features a blacked-out “BRONCO” script grille and unique headlights, with the former offsetting the vibrant exterior paint. There’s also a fiberglass hood, constructed by Advanced Fiberglass Concepts, with a prominent horizontal air intake. A Ford Performance Rigid light bar can be seen above the windshield, complemented by a set of pillar lights. An AFN front bumper with an integrated WARN winch rounds out the front end.

A set of fiberglass fenders bookend metallic ARB rock sliders door-to-door. Under the fenders are a set of massive 40-inch Milestar Patagonia mud terrain tires wrap a set of beadlock capable wheels with a red bead ring. The rolling stock gives this wild horse quite the tall, wide and confident stance.

At the rear, the Dana Ultimate Ford Bronco features a rear tire carrier delete plate from BodyGuard set above the AFN rear bumper.

When it comes to mechanics, the rugged SUV continues to impress. With an independent front suspension, this build also incorporates Dana Spicer Extreme 32 spline front half shafts, the AdvanTEK Front-Drive Unit (FDU) and a locking differential with a 5.38 gear ratio.

This same ratio is replicated at the rear with the Ultimate Dana 60 Semi-Float rear axle, boasting 35 spline chromoly axle shafts and dual taper row bearings with thicker, square wheel brackets – enabling a better fit on the Bronco. The built SUV also comes equipped with Steer Smarts rear track bar, an upgraded 1350 series model drive shaft, as well as EVO Manufacturing suspension paired with coil overs from King Shocks.

For over a century, Dana has been building a variety of drivetrain components, and the Ohio-based firm is the official supplier of front and rear axles for the reborn Bronco.

Source

Cupholders

Founding Member
Mar 10, 2022
Gallery
Mass
Military
Army & Air National Guard
Current Ride
Jeep Rubicon
Here's what the standard Bronco looks like with 40-inch tires.

View attachment 558

Over the past few weeks, Ford Authority has spotted the brand new 2022 Ford Bronco Raptor in a variety settings, showing off multiple color options like Code Orange, Velocity Blue, Eruption Green, and the front license plate bracket. Now, our spies have captured something entirely different: the Dana Ultimate Ford Bronco, giving us our first real-world look at this fully built SUV.

Just one glance makes it obvious that the Dana Ultimate is no ordinary Ford Bronco. For starters, the bright livery and heaps of prominent branding makes the four-door, soft-top Bronco stand out, and that’s not to mention all the upgrades to its exterior and mechanicals.

At the front, the Dana Ultimate Ford Bronco features a blacked-out “BRONCO” script grille and unique headlights, with the former offsetting the vibrant exterior paint. There’s also a fiberglass hood, constructed by Advanced Fiberglass Concepts, with a prominent horizontal air intake. A Ford Performance Rigid light bar can be seen above the windshield, complemented by a set of pillar lights. An AFN front bumper with an integrated WARN winch rounds out the front end.

A set of fiberglass fenders bookend metallic ARB rock sliders door-to-door. Under the fenders are a set of massive 40-inch Milestar Patagonia mud terrain tires wrap a set of beadlock capable wheels with a red bead ring. The rolling stock gives this wild horse quite the tall, wide and confident stance.

At the rear, the Dana Ultimate Ford Bronco features a rear tire carrier delete plate from BodyGuard set above the AFN rear bumper.

When it comes to mechanics, the rugged SUV continues to impress. With an independent front suspension, this build also incorporates Dana Spicer Extreme 32 spline front half shafts, the AdvanTEK Front-Drive Unit (FDU) and a locking differential with a 5.38 gear ratio.

This same ratio is replicated at the rear with the Ultimate Dana 60 Semi-Float rear axle, boasting 35 spline chromoly axle shafts and dual taper row bearings with thicker, square wheel brackets – enabling a better fit on the Bronco. The built SUV also comes equipped with Steer Smarts rear track bar, an upgraded 1350 series model drive shaft, as well as EVO Manufacturing suspension paired with coil overs from King Shocks.

For over a century, Dana has been building a variety of drivetrain components, and the Ohio-based firm is the official supplier of front and rear axles for the reborn Bronco.

Source
Maybe I’m crazy, but I think the Raptor fenders would look better with the 40’s

OP
Dragoon

Dragoon

Administrator
Staff member
Founding Member
Sep 16, 2021
Gallery
FBG TX
Current Ride
2023 Bronco Raptor
Current Ride #2
2022 Ram TRX
Maybe I’m crazy, but I think the Raptor fenders would look better with the 40’s
I prefer my tires to be covered with body work or fenders so I'm with you.

TurboS

Staff member
Founding Member
Feb 24, 2022
Gallery
Michigan
Current Ride
2022 Bronco Raptor
Wasn't seriously considering until you posted the above "I think I gotta have it visual". It's a big weight and performance penalty but would look damn good just driving on the street. Maybe offset some of the extra tire weight with cast non-beadlock wheels.

OP
Dragoon

Dragoon

Administrator
Staff member
Founding Member
Sep 16, 2021
Gallery
FBG TX
Current Ride
2023 Bronco Raptor
Current Ride #2
2022 Ram TRX
Wasn't seriously considering until you posted the above "I think I gotta have it visual". It's a big weight and performance penalty but would look damn good just driving on the street. Maybe offset some of the extra tire weight with cast non-beadlock wheels.
I talked with OMF Performance Wheels yesterday and possibly doing a set of their wheels on the Bronco Raptor.

omf-f1-bolted-beadlock (2).jpeg

SteelBronco

Founding Member
Oct 24, 2021
Gallery
Western Maryland
Current Ride
Bronco
I talked with OMF Performance Wheels yesterday and possibly doing a set of their wheels on the Bronco Raptor.

View attachment 563

Wow those wheels look sweet! I was sorta considering it pretty hard but trying to see how everyone felt. I have always went up 2 tire sizes in tires on my trucks without an issue an I just didn't see where this would be any different. I have never ran anything over 35's though!
I really do like those wheels!

TurboS

Staff member
Founding Member
Feb 24, 2022
Gallery
Michigan
Current Ride
2022 Bronco Raptor
Awesome looking wheels with some serious offroad ruggedness.

Customized finishes:
"Raw, Brushed, Polished, Matte Black, Gloss, Texture Black, Gloss White, Pearl White, Anthracite, Texture Anthracite, Super Chrome, RAL7000 Grey, Candy Blue, Lollypop Blue, Bengal Blue, Polaris Blue, Polaris Indian Sky Blue, Azure Blue, Cardinal BL05 Blue, Candy Red, Rancher Red, Bengal Red, Polaris Indy Red, Bright Red, Candy Purple, Sassy Pink, Candy Gold, Trans Copper 2, Bronze Chrome, C33 Bronze, KTM Orange, Lollypop Tangelo, Bengal Yellow, Shocker Yellow/Coolant Green, Candy Lime Green, Polaris Lime Squeeze, Kawi Green, Psycho Green"

omf-f1-bolted-beadlock (1).jpg

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions