Founding Member
Sep 16, 2021
Gallery
FBG TX
Current Ride
2023 Bronco Raptor
Current Ride #2
2022 Ram TRX
Not only do they look great, but they are extremely lightweight! Check out how much this 15x7 wheel weighs, just under 11 lbs!

20220309_130211_HDR.jpg

CVSJR

Founding Member
Feb 5, 2022
Gallery
Freehold NJ
Use ceramic beads for balancing, large tire balancing changes as they wear. I use 12oz per tire on my Early Bronco with 39.5 x 13.5 x16 Super Swampers and have no vibration at 80mph.

SteelBronco

Founding Member
Oct 24, 2021
Gallery
Western Maryland
Current Ride
Bronco
Use ceramic beads for balancing, large tire balancing changes as they wear. I use 12oz per tire on my Early Bronco with 39.5 x 13.5 x16 Super Swampers and have no vibration at 80mph.
You taught me something because I've never even heard of ceramic beads for balancing. I'll have to do a little research on this now. Thanks

Rob41

Founding Member
Apr 19, 2022
Gallery
Northern MI
Dang, I've always upsized but on the Braptor I was planning on keeping the 37" tires. Now that some pics are coming in and seeing the posts here the 39" KO3's are mighty tempting.

I know the rig would likely deal with 39" tires if it didn't do any real off-roading but I think there could be some potential issues off road.

The Braptor uses a few front end components from the F-150 which helps, but the rack and pinion could still be a weak link especially with bigger tires. One of the BRaptor videos describes reinforcing ribs to the exterior of the cast aluminum rack so that should help. The tie rods are easy to beef up with aftermarket offerings as well.

The rear differential gets the dana 50 which I have no experience with. Maybe someone else here can chime in on it's potential strength with bigger tires. The front has a Dana 44 and given the weight of the BRaptor and size/weight of 39" KO3's, I can only hope there will be upgrades for that.

We won't know for sure how much lift will be required to fit 39" tires and still get full articulation but hopefully it won't require much. I think the BRaptor looks very good as it is but it would look great and perform better in some situations with 39's.

Is it okay for a guy in his late 50's to still want to do this, lol?

CVSJR

Founding Member
Feb 5, 2022
Gallery
Freehold NJ
Dang, I've always upsized but on the Braptor I was planning on keeping the 37" tires. Now that some pics are coming in and seeing the posts here the 39" KO3's are mighty tempting.

I know the rig would likely deal with 39" tires if it didn't do any real off-roading but I think there could be some potential issues off road.

The Braptor uses a few front end components from the F-150 which helps, but the rack and pinion could still be a weak link especially with bigger tires. One of the BRaptor videos describes reinforcing ribs to the exterior of the cast aluminum rack so that should help. The tie rods are easy to beef up with aftermarket offerings as well.

The rear differential gets the dana 50 which I have no experience with. Maybe someone else here can chime in on it's potential strength with bigger tires. The front has a Dana 44 and given the weight of the BRaptor and size/weight of 39" KO3's, I can only hope there will be upgrades for that.

We won't know for sure how much lift will be required to fit 39" tires and still get full articulation but hopefully it won't require much. I think the BRaptor looks very good as it is but it would look great and perform better in some situations with 39's.

Is it okay for a guy in his late 50's to still want to do this, lol?
Nope, you need to be at least 60 lol!

DdYHrse

Founding Member
🏆 BR of the Month 🏆
Feb 15, 2022
Gallery
Dallas, TX
Wow. that looks almost natural with those 39's on there. I would be all over this, but if I add another 3" or so height to it I would be parking in the driveway and not the garage anymore so 37's will be what I stick with. I still wouldn't mind going to some mud terrains soon so make it look a little meaner.

TurboS

Staff member
Founding Member
Feb 24, 2022
Gallery
Michigan
Current Ride
2022 Bronco Raptor
Wow. that looks almost natural with those 39's on there. I would be all over this, but if I add another 3" or so height to it I would be parking in the driveway and not the garage anymore so 37's will be what I stick with. I still wouldn't mind going to some mud terrains soon so make it look a little meaner.
That, and they would adversely effect your incoming Whipple intercooler and JB4. Those 39's make the flares appear small. :giggle:

DdYHrse

Founding Member
🏆 BR of the Month 🏆
Feb 15, 2022
Gallery
Dallas, TX
That, and they would adversely effect your incoming Whipple intercooler and JB4. Those 39's make the flares appear small. :giggle:
Very true. Hopefully that gets here by this weekend so I can spend some more time on my garage floor. I also just heard back from Metal Tech and got some of their rock sliders on the way as well. The owner said they should fit, but they don't have a test Braptor to try them on. He told me if for some reason they don't fit they will cover freight both ways for me so I guess I will be the tester. They don't flare up like some and they use giant U bolts to the frame, but I figure they have been making them for 20+ years without issue and they will protect the crap out of this pricey off-roader. I will post some pics when I get it all done.

Motorcitysam

Nov 21, 2022
Gallery
Metro Detroit
Current Ride
2022 Bronco Raptor
Current Ride #2
1998 Panoz Roadster AIV

Looks amazing, exactly what I’d like to do on mine if gas mileage wasn’t an issue and I’d likely want and need bigger brakes since it’s my daily driver.

Last edited:
OP
Dragoon

Dragoon

Administrator
Staff member
Founding Member
Sep 16, 2021
Gallery
FBG TX
Current Ride
2023 Bronco Raptor
Current Ride #2
2022 Ram TRX
So badass! Looks like their perch collar kit for the Bronco Raptor is just under $600.

DdYHrse

Founding Member
🏆 BR of the Month 🏆
Feb 15, 2022
Gallery
Dallas, TX
Anybody know which size perch collars they went with to fit the 39's? Was it the 3" , 2.25" or the 1.5"? I looked today pulling in and I have a couple inches to spare in the garage height. I don't think I could go all the way up to 39's, but when new tires are needed later on down the road I wouldn't mind going up to some 38x13.5 tires. The 1" larger width on the tires seem to make these fenders look a little smaller and fit better with the overall width of the vehicle in my opinion.

TurboS

Staff member
Founding Member
Feb 24, 2022
Gallery
Michigan
Current Ride
2022 Bronco Raptor
Anybody know which size perch collars they went with to fit the 39's? Was it the 3" , 2.25" or the 1.5"? I looked today pulling in and I have a couple inches to spare in the garage height. I don't think I could go all the way up to 39's, but when new tires are needed later on down the road I wouldn't mind going up to some 38x13.5 tires. The 1" larger width on the tires seem to make these fenders look a little smaller and fit better with the overall width of the vehicle in my opinion.
Below is a pic copied from this thread showing fitment and install.
1670604512127.png

Top Member Reactions