Bronco Raptor Worth the Price?

Antimatter Blue

Founding Member
Feb 13, 2022
Gallery
Los Angeles
Not according to TrailBuilt Off-Road.

They would rather buy a “Bronco Sport” (presumably they meant Bronco Base) for about $30k and add $15k-$20k of upgrades instead, for “about the same level of performance as the Bronco Raptor” with the benefit of “knowing you built it.”

I thought this was asinine clickbait but the comments show that there are people who actually think they can build a Bronco Base comparable to a Bronco Raptor with $15k-$20k of aftermarket parts.

Skip to 4:45 in the video.

Last edited:

Dragoon

Administrator
Staff member
Founding Member
Sep 16, 2021
Gallery
FBG TX
Current Ride
2023 Bronco Raptor
Current Ride #2
2022 Ram TRX
I have lots of Bronco build ideas, but at the end of the day, a built Bronco should probably just be considered an off-road toy. Every build I've done ended up being extreme, way over budget, not family-friendly, or not very reliable. Sure, it's fun to do it your own way and have a project, but considering all the time and money it takes to complete, I think you're better off just buying a new Bronco Raptor and drive it like you stole it! It really just depends on what you want out of your Bronco experience.

Dragoon

Administrator
Staff member
Founding Member
Sep 16, 2021
Gallery
FBG TX
Current Ride
2023 Bronco Raptor
Current Ride #2
2022 Ram TRX
Doubtful anyone actually interested in a Bronco Raptor is thinking of building one instead. When you finish you won't have a Raptor or a warrantee.
A Bronco Raptor will hold its value better and is usually much easier to sell or trade than a highly modified base Bronco. I've had to learn that the hard way several times haha!

Top Member Reactions