TurboS

Staff member
Founding Member
Feb 24, 2022
Gallery
Michigan
Current Ride
2022 Bronco Raptor
Anyone in the BRaptorverse know if the tail tight harness plugs in the Raptor are the same as the standard Bronco?

it seems to me there’s no need for them to be different, but with the Braptor, ya just never know. Unfortunately Diode Dynamics didn’t know.

Reason I’m asking is that Diode Dynamics makes a harness for $40 (going on Black Friday sale) that taps into that connector and includes wiring to tie into rear Aux for manual override. Looks like a super clean solution.

Also now considering the DD Stage two Pros with combo lenses (half flood, half driving) with similar power to BD S2 Pros (wide cornering) Mounted on Fast Intentions bracket.
I'm also wondering if the 3rd brake light harness connector is the same as other Bronco's. I've asked @Spiderwolf over in this thread as he installed a spare tire/wheel 3rd brake light on his Raptor. I understand your not interested in the spare tire 3rd brake light, however it would be nice to know if the connector is the same since our Raptors also have a running light function.

JohnGalt

Founding Member
🏆 BR of the Month 🏆
May 25, 2022
Gallery
Sacramento/Tahoe
Current Ride
2022 Bronco Raptor
Current Ride #2
2023 Land Rover Defender 110
I'm also wondering if the 3rd brake light harness connector is the same as other Bronco's. I've asked @Spiderwolf over in this thread as he installed a spare tire/wheel 3rd brake light on his Raptor. I understand your not interested in the spare tire 3rd brake light, however it would be nice to know if the connector is the same since our Raptors also have a running light function.

I’ve made inquiries to Diode Dynamics, SPV and 4x4TruckLEDs whive all been helpful in different ways and pulled out and photographed my taillight harness connector.

consensus is that the taillight harness connectors are the same in Broncos and Bronco Raptor. I’ll be ordering the harness on Black Friday deal (11/20 DD goes 20% off) and if it arrives before Thanksgiving, I’ll test out the consensus. Otherwise itll be almost Christmas before I’ll get to it. Off for a few weeks to New Zealand.

I think I’ve finally settled down on my Reverse light / Chase light solution. I’m going with the Fast Intentions Raptor Spare Tire mount, the Diode Dynamics reverse light / upfitter harness, a pair of Diode Dynamic clear combo SS2 Pros and amber lense covers. Just waiting for the sale.

The DD SS2 Pros combo lens is half flood/half driving, which should give diffuse reverse lighting and the driving should punch through the dust even with amber covers on. DDs also have some backlight options which I’ll probably go with red tied to running lights. That’s my theory at least.

The DD harness looks like the perfect harness for my application and at $40 kind of a bargain for a complete wiring solution (if it works with Raptor, DD could not confirm definitively).

Top Member Reactions